Unable to change language.

Unable to change language.

by Marco Roberto -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, I am running a moodle 2.0.2 version, and I am unable to change language pack. Whenever I try to install it, I just get a blank screen on the path "admin/langimport.php?mode=2" and when I go back and refresh nothing happens. I also tried using manual install and nothing happens. I made sure I used a portuguese 2.0 pack, got it to /lang folder and unziped it. It is also to the 0755 permission, like all the other files there, so that should be good.

Whenever I got to language packs I only have English(en) on the left side, and updating does nothing (says they are already up to date).

Please help me out. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Roberto

Re: Unable to change language.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Blank page => turn on Debugging.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marco Roberto -

Thank you for the help, and im sorry about the delay, was on vacation at the time.

So anyway, debugging gave me the following message:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /website/moodle/lib/filestorage/zip_archive.php on line 67

So I did some digging and found out that zip isnt installed on server, but I dont know how to do it. I already called my host to add the line " extension=php_zip.dll " to my php.ini (since I didnt have permissions to mess with he file, and the enviroment.php page still says its not installed.

I dont know what I need to do now sad

In reply to Marco Roberto

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you are on a Linux server, adding that php_zip.dll is not a correct solution as it applies for Windows servers only. Adding support for zip into PHP at a Linux server depends on the distribution and the way how PHP was built and installed. The hosting provider or the server administrator should know how to do it.
In reply to David Mudrák

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found

by Ashish Srivastava -

Hi Experts,

Did u got any final solution for this error.

Extention is already installed at my Cpanel.

In reply to Ashish Srivastava

Re: Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Archive_Zip is PEAR extension. What you need is http://php.net/manual/en/book.zip.php