Face to Face for Moodle 2.0/2.1

Face to Face for Moodle 2.0/2.1

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Number of replies: 61
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The Child Welfare Research and Training Project at Iowa State University employs a programmer, Dongyoung Kim, and he's upgrade Face-to-Face to work with Moodle 2.0. You can download the updated module at: https://github.com/mynameisdongyoung/Face-to-Face-2.0

If you find any bugs please post them here for now and we'll try to respond in a timely manner.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

Re: Face to Face for Moodle 2.0/2.1

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Jeremy,

I installed the module and created a new category and course and then added the first F2F activity.  Once it was created, clicking on the activity to create a session generated the following error:

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The $cm you set on $PAGE must have been obtained with get_coursemodule_from_id or get_coursemodule_from_instance. That is, the ->name and -> modname fields must be present and correct" 

Jenna

In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

We installed here the f2f module without any problem (moodle 2.1)

Thorsten

by Flotter Totte -

Hello,

I think in the following list is the location ect (other info) missiong:

If there is one session in location A and the other one in location B, the user does not know which one to book. Anyway the user does not know where the session is...

Thorsten

In reply to Flotter Totte

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Since an update to the 1.9 version last year you've had the option of creating your own fields, rather than being stuck with a default set, so you can add location (or any other field) if you don't have it already by going to the module settings at Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Face-to-face and using the Custom Session Fields options.

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Jenna, 

We need some more information about your setup. What version of Moodle are you using, i.e. 2.03, 2.03+, 2.1, etc, and is this a new installation or an upgrade from a previous version of Moodle, such as 1.9? 

by Jenna Pitcher -

Jeremy,

We have completed the upgrade to moodle 2.1 and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks,

Jenna

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

really great news, thank you very much!

we will install it and test it. Sure, we will tell you all bugs we find. Thanks again.

Thorsten

Bug: Sessions displayed on course page

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

I have chosen the following settings:

but on the course main page only appears the link to the session, not the sessions.

Thorsten

Re: Bug: Sessions displayed on course page

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Flotter,

To use that feature I believe you have to apply the patch discussed here, but I will tell you that we did not test that, since its not a feature that we use. 

If you do want to try that out, let me know whether it works or not. If it doesn't we'll look into implementing it as time allows, but it won't be a first priority for my team. 

Re: Bug: Sessions displayed on course page

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the hint, we will try it out and feedback you.

Question: "

by Flotter Totte -

When I as a user try to sign up a session, I get the following message:

"You are currently not assigned to a manager in the system. Please contact the site administrator."

I understand why but where can I assign a manager to a user?

Thanks a lot...

Thorsten

Re: Question: "

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

That option should have been added to the user options on the user profile page and I think can only be filled in by administrators. 

Re: Question: "

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

no, no field is added to user's profile, so it might be a bug.

Thorsten

Development Suggestion

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

I have a little development suggestion regarding when the face to face can be considered as beeing completed:

"Show activity as complete, when conditions are met"

-> Registered Session is over

Greetings,

Thorsten

by parthiv patel -

Hello Jeremy,

One probelm in this face-to-face plugin not notice by any person.if user signup for session after that when user click on signup for session at that time user see signup link on the page in the place of cancel booking and signup page is also open for secoend time for already signup user.

other issue is when user got threw calender at that time signup for this face-to-face session link ar not work.after click on that user see the page not found error on the page.

so please check it out .

In reply to parthiv patel

by Jenna Pitcher -

I can duplicate the first problem.  Once a user has signed up for a session and is returned to the All Sessions/Up Coming Sessions page, they can click on sign-up again and are shown the sign-up button a second time. Signing-up again however does not double-book the student or reduce the number of spaces available.

On the second bug .. attempting to sign-up through the calendar produces page not found, I can duplicate this as well.

Jenna  

by KrishnaPavan Kumar -

Dear All, I have some face-to-face sessions created and displayed on my calendar. When a user tries to click on "Calendar" it shows list of sessions on that day view.

When we click on "Sign-up for Face-to-face session" link, instead of opening the signup page of that session it is displaying

"Object not found" and can see the URL pointing like ...../calendar/%5C

Calendar/view.php gives the below information.

◄ Monday | Tuesday, 6 December 2011 | Wednesday ►
Basics
Auditorium Sessions10:00 AM » 12:00 PM
This session introduces the basics of NX7.5
Sign-up for this Face-to-face session

Now when i click on "Sign-up for this Face-to-face session" link above, it is throwing object not found page.

The redirected URL is as http://ip_address:port/moodle/calendar/%5C

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 404 172.16.26.31 11/30/11 13:01:29

Apache/2.2.19 (Win32) PHP/5.3.7RC3

Could someone please help me in redirecting the signup for session page. Please refer the attachment for the error

Thank you.

Regards,

KrishnaPavan

Attachment Signup_Error_through_Calendar.JPG

by Jenna Pitcher -

Attempting multiple sign-ups does create multiple user events in the calendar though.

Jenna

Solve the all issue in this ace-to-face plugin

by parthiv patel -

Hi,

I got a solution for all the bug in my previous post.

short time i relaease the code for download.

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Jeremy,

I tried modifying the calendar options for the activity once the activity has be created and then saved.  Going back in and chnaging or removing the short name or unchecking "show on the calendar" does not appear to have any effect.

Thanbks,

Jenna

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

FYI, Dongyoung just uploaded some updated code to the github repository that corrects some of these bugs. I don't think the duplicate calendar issue has been fixed yet, nor apparently is backup and restore for Moodle 2.0 implemented yet either. I haven't had a chance to test the new code myself yet, but will post back here once I get the chance to.

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

I have re-installed the latest face to face mod.

I am not sure if it is a bug, but there is no field for the manager's email adress or name added to the user's profile. Do I need to add it by hand (if so, what is are the field names) or is it  a bug?

Where can the manager approve?

Thanks a lot for our efforts!

Flotter

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Flotter,

The user profile field must be added manually and has to be a "text input" type and have the shortname of "managersemail".

The shortname can be changed but the constant "MDL_MANAGERSEMAIL_FIELD" on line #30 of lib.php in the facetoface module must be changed with it.

Cheers,
Alastair

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alastair Munro

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Alastair,

thanks a lot for this! I think this is a very important information and shoudl be added to the readme file or elsewhere (installation instructions/ faq...)

Greetings,

Flotter

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Thanks for posting this Alastair. From our perspective this is still a bug that we'll try to fix. The reason that I did't catch it previously is that we use that same field for a few other purposes, so even when I was setting up clean installations for testing that field got added right away and I didn't realize that Face-to-face wasn't adding it if/when needed. 

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

I think it is ok to let the person who installs the module add the manager's email address field if it is written as a step in the installation instructions. Of course it is your decission whether to include an automatic field creation or not. Also not sure how the other users of this plugin think.

Anyway, if you need me write the part how to create this field for face to face installation instruction readme file or for moodledocs, please let me know, I am happy to do this.

Flotter.

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

I thought it over and maybe it would be better instead of creating the field automatically to let the user who installs the plugin also define the name of the field. Reason: there might be other plugins (already or in the future) which need the information of manager's email address. If each plugin uses its own, it would be messy. But if each plugin lets the installing person define the name of the plugin, this could be avoided.

What do you think?

by Mark Adams -

Just a couple of bugs i've found too:

• The export to Excel button doesn't seem to work. The downloaded excel file contains lots of weird characters and not the actual data.
  • If you edit the Activity (i.e. make changes to name or shortname), saving it doesn't update the Event in the Calendar (it keeps the old names). However if you edit an actual Session, it updates both Activity and session on the calendar.

p.s. thanks for working on this and uploading it. Massively appreciated!

In reply to Mark Adams

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

FYI for everyone - Dongyoung has updated the code at Github and it has fixed several bugs that we've found so far (including the Excel problem and calendar issues). It still doesn't not check for the managersemail field and add it if it's missing, so please continue adding it manually for now if you have that problem.

Of note is that the module still doesn't support the new course completion or backup/restore features of Moodle 2.0. They are on our roadmap, but probably won't be implemented in the immediate future (in an ideal world they'd be implemented by the end of September, but at this point I can't make any promises). 

To Mark Adams - if I'm understanding your second issue correctly that's not a bug, but correct functionality. The sessions are what are displayed on the Calendar, the Activity names are for the course page and aren't shown on the calendar. If I'm misunderstanding the issue please test it with the new code and the bug is still present please provide more details. 

by Mark Adams -

Hi. I've downloaded the new version and the 2 bugs are still present:

• The Excel download looks ok until you add attendees to session, then you get the weird characters described previously.
  • Calendar updates - When you create an activity there is an option 'Show on the Calendar'. When this is checked, the Calendar shows both The Activity title and Session title under a specific date. I guess the easiest solution would be to just leave this option unchecked so only the actual Session title is shown in the Calendar (which works/updates fine). However, when the option above is checked (and the Activity title is shown), then updates to the activity are not updated to the Calendar event.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

In reply to Mark Adams

by Mark Adams -

...just one more thing - where could I change the default currency (it's currently $ dollars). Tried to do a search on the dollar symbol until I remembered that php uses the same character to declare variables!

In reply to Mark Adams

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Mark,

I'm going to need more information from you because I cannot recreate the bugs you're reporting. Could you please provide more details about each bug including screenshots and your exact Moodle version number and default language options.

If anyone else is seeing these bugs, please provide your details as well, so that I can try to track these down. 

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Jeremy,

I noticed that on the "Export Attendance" spreadsheet there are column headings for "ID", "Institution", "Department" and "Address".  I created a User Profile field "Company" with a short name of "Institution" to try and display this in the report, but no luck.

Is there another way to do this   

Regards,

Jenna

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

Adding more columns and changing the sign are both customization issues. I'll try to track down where in the files these settings are defined and post that information with some basic info on making the correct changes. If anyone else finds that info please post it here and I'll get it added to the wiki entries.

by Mark Adams -

Hi Jeremy,

I am using Moodle version 2.0.3+. Ok here goes:

1. I create a Face-to-Face activity and check the box 'show in Calendar'

2. I then add a session within this activity with dates below.

3. I then go back to my homepage, hover over the Calendar on the 10th August and see the following (which is all good). What I am seeing here is the Activity name and the Session underneath (though cut down to 15 characters).

4. I then return to the Activity and edit the name and click Save (see X's added to name)

5. I then return to the calendar and it looks exactly the same as in Step 3 - i.e the activity name has not been updated. However, If i then add a new session, or make a change to the session (i've increased the capacity), then it does update the Event:

Additionally, if i then go to a session and add an attendee, then try exporting the attendance from the button below:

My Excel file looks like this:

Cheers.

In reply to Mark Adams

by Mark Adams -

Just noticed that the Excel fiel contains the following error in the first cell:

Coding problem: this page does not set $PAGE->context properly.line 341 of \lib\pagelib.php: call to debugging()
line 599 of \lib\pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_context()
line 1236 of \lib\weblib.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
line 1171 of \lib\grade\grade_item.php: call to format_string()
line 370 of \lib\gradelib.php: call to grade_item->get_name()
line 1291 of \mod\facetoface\lib.php: call to grade_get_grades()
line 1155 of \mod\facetoface\lib.php: call to facetoface_write_activity_attendance()
line 44 of \mod\facetoface\view.php: call to facetoface_download_attendance()

In reply to Mark Adams

by Jenna Pitcher -

Jeremy and Mark

I can duplicate the calendar update problem, in that changes to activity name or short name are not propogated to the calendar until I modify and save changes to a session.

The extraneous characters in the spreadsheet I'm not seeing.  Mark I'm running 2.1 now and had problems with 2.0.3 when i first installed the module. (see above)

Jenna 

In reply to Mark Adams

by Mark Adams -

For anyone who's interested, i've fixed the Export. I've realised that this only breaks when you add another date to a session. This feature seems strange to me (i.e. why would a session have multiple dates - surely it would be a new session?). I guess the advantage of it is that you can keep the same attendees across multiple sessions, without having to re-add them.

Anyway, look around line 1315 in lib.php, you'll see the following:

$sql = "SELECT s.id, s.datetimeknown, s.capacity,
                   s.duration, d.timestart, d.timefinish
              FROM {facetoface_sessions} s
              JOIN {facetoface_sessions_dates} d ON s.id = d.sessionid
             WHERE s.facetoface=$facetofaceid AND d.sessionid = s.id
                   $locationcondition
          ORDER BY s.datetimeknown, d.timestart";

and change it to this:

$sql = "SELECT s.id, s.datetimeknown, s.capacity,
                   s.duration, d.timestart, d.timefinish
              FROM {facetoface_sessions} s
              JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT sessionid,id,timestart,timefinish FROM {facetoface_sessions_dates} GROUP BY sessionid) d ON s.id = d.sessionid
             WHERE s.facetoface=$facetofaceid AND d.sessionid = s.id
                   $locationcondition
          ORDER BY s.datetimeknown, d.timestart";

previous code resulted in multiple s.id's if there was more than 1 date. This now returns only the first date for a session.

Cheers.

by Flotter Totte -

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the update smile

I have posted a requirement for the course completion above. If you think is useful and you feel it needs some further input from my side, feel free to let me know...

Flotter

by Bourke Hutchinson -

I am having an issue after installing Dongyoung's facetoface module.  I have placed it in the /mod directory and then visited the /index.php url and get a "successful" install with no errors, but when I now visit the url of my Moodle Site I get nothing other than the message "Error Connecting to Database".

If i remove the facetoface directory from /mod, then my site works again.

My site was upgraded from 1.9.4 to 1.9.12.  I then upgraded to 2.1.  I did use the previous facetoface module on the 1.9x versions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

B. Hutchinson

In reply to Bourke Hutchinson

by Bourke Hutchinson -

Bump...... just checking to see if anyone has been successful in upgrading from 1.9x to 2.1 and using the new face-to-face module.

I only get "Error connecting to database" upon installing new f2f module.  

Works fine with a fresh 2.1 install though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

B. Hutchinson

by Bourke Hutchinson -

Further debug info:

Error reading from database
Debug info: Table 'moodle2011.mdl_facetoface_session_field' doesn't exist
SELECT id, name FROM mdl_facetoface_session_field ORDER BY name
[array (
)]
Stack trace:
  • line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 794 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1117 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 1066 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_records_select()
  • line 3479 of /mod/facetoface/lib.php: call to moodle_database->get_records()
  • line 42 of /mod/facetoface/settings.php: call to facetoface_list_of_customfields()
  • line 21 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to include()
  • line 5905 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 397 of /admin/index.php: call to admin_get_root()
Debug info: Table 'moodle2011.mdl_facetoface_session_field' doesn't exist
SELECT id, name FROM mdl_facetoface_session_field ORDER BY name
[array (
)]
Stack trace:
  • line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 794 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1117 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 1066 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_records_select()
  • line 3479 of /mod/facetoface/lib.php: call to moodle_database->get_records()
  • line 42 of /mod/facetoface/settings.php: call to facetoface_list_of_customfields()
  • line 21 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to include()
  • line 5905 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 2927 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to admin_get_root()
  • line 2835 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to settings_navigation->load_administration_settings()
  • line 601 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to settings_navigation->initialise()
  • line 617 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_settingsnav()
  • line 132 of /blocks/settings/block_settings.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 280 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_settings->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 924 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 976 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 349 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 9 of /theme/formal_white/layout/general.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 654 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 612 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line 2038 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->fatal_error()
  • line 1291 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line 328 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 328 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->fatal_error()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to default_exception_handler()

by Peter Carrero -

how about this sql statement (assuming the default table prefix and standard install)... it took us from 1.9 to 2.1 and everything seems to work... it is not complete as it doesn't migrate the old data to the new format, but the old data is still there, if you want to query it for reporting purposes:

ALTER TABLE
mdl_facetoface ADD column ( requestsubject text, requestinstrmngr mediumtext, requestmessage
mediumtext, shortname VARCHAR(32), description mediumtext, showoncalendar TINYINT(1) unsigned
DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, approvalreqd TINYINT(1) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL);
ALTER TABLE
mdl_facetoface_sessions ADD column ( allowoverbook TINYINT(1) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL );
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_notice
(
id bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
name VARCHAR(255),
text mediumtext,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Site-wide notices shown on the Training Calendar';
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_notice_data
(
fieldid bigint(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
noticeid bigint(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
data VARCHAR(255),
PRIMARY KEY (id),
INDEX mdl_facenotidata_fie_ix (fieldid)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Custom field filters for site notices';
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_session_field
(
name VARCHAR(255),
shortname VARCHAR(255),
type bigint(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
possiblevalues mediumtext,
required TINYINT(1) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
defaultvalue VARCHAR(255),
isfilter TINYINT(1) unsigned DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL,
showinsummary TINYINT(1) unsigned DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT=
'Definitions of custom info fields for Face-to-face session';
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_session_roles
(
id bigint(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
sessionid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
roleid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
userid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
INDEX mdl_facesessrole_ses_ix (sessionid)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Users with a trainer role in a facetoface session';
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_signups
(
sessionid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
userid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
mailedreminder bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
discountcode text,
notificationtype bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
INDEX mdl_facesign_ses_ix (sessionid)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='User/session signups';
CREATE TABLE
mdl_facetoface_signups_status
(
signupid bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
statuscode bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
superceded TINYINT(1) unsigned NOT NULL,
grade DECIMAL,
note text,
advice text,
createdby bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
timecreated bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
INDEX mdl_facesignstat_sig_ix (signupid)
)
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='User/session signup status';

Go to course after sign up instead of allsessions?

by Kalle Nielsen -

Hi

When a user sign up for a session and submit - the view returns to "allsessions".

In 1.9 the view returned to course/view.php (the actual course main page).
I prefer this - is there a way to change so the submit button returns to course main page (a hack tip is okay)?

I'm not a programmer, but it looks like the change could be in file signup_form.php:

"
     $mform->addElement('hidden', 's', $this->_customdata['s']);
     $mform->addElement('hidden', 'backtoallsessions',     $this->_customdata['backtoallsessions']);

"

If this is piece of cake for somebody - please help smile

In reply to Kalle Nielsen

Hack: Go to course after sign up instead of allsessions?

by Kalle Nielsen -

Related to https://github.com/mynameisdongyoung/Face-to-Face2.0
downloaded from github august 12.

When a user

• signed up,
  • cancelled sign up,
  • or just cancelled sign up or cancelsignup form

- the return url is set to "all sessions" (back to the actual facetoface).

I wanted the user to return to course main page in all three situations, because this is must common usecase for our users. To this to happen I've made the changes to code as described below, and it seems to work without problems:

\mod\facetoface\signup.php (remove optional parameter)
//$mform = new mod_facetoface_signup_form(null, compact('s', 'backtoallsessions', 'manageremail', 'showdiscountcode'));
  $mform = new mod_facetoface_signup_form(null, compact('s', 'manageremail', 'showdiscountcode'));

\mod\facetoface\signup.php (change returnurl directly):
// echo '<a href="'.$CFG->wwwroot.'/mod/facetoface/cancelsignup.php?s='.$session->id.'&amp;backtoallsessions='.$backtoallsessions.'" title="'.get_string('cancelbooking','facetoface').'">'.get_string('cancelbooking', 'facetoface').'</a>';
echo '<a href="'.$CFG->wwwroot.'/course/view.php?id='.$course->id.'" title="'.get_string('cancelbooking','facetoface').'">'.get_string('cancelbooking', 'facetoface').'</a>';

\mod\facetoface\cancelsignup.php (remove optional parameter)
// $mform = new mod_facetoface_cancelsignup_form(null, compact('s', 'backtoallsessions'));
   $mform = new mod_facetoface_cancelsignup_form(null, compact('s'));

by Sergey Skobkarev -

Hi Jeremy,

I just tried to download F2F 2.0, but the link is broken. Could you please check that it points to the right location?

Thank you,

Sergey

In reply to Sergey Skobkarev

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

You're right it looks like the url has changed to https://github.com/mynameisdongyoung/Face-to-Face2.0.

by Ray Ford -

Does anyone know if F2F for Moodle 2.0/2.1 will work with IIS and SQL server

In reply to Ray Ford

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

We haven't tested it with that setup (or any MS systems) since we're a completely linux-based shop, but it should work with IIS and MySQL. If you're using MSSQL, you'll need to test it thoroughly yourself. If it does work (or only requires minmal changes) you can contact me with that info and we'll add notes to the Readme file and documentation. 

by Michael Mulvihill -

Hi,

we have tested this on fresh installs of Moodle 2.03 Moodle 2.1 on IIS 7.5 and MS SQL Server 2008 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and we get a number of errors.

Moodle 2.03 -> Did not install correctly

Moodle 2.1 -> installed correctly but got some number of errors when we tried to use i. 

I haven't had time to look into this in detail but below are a sample of the errors.

In short I don't think this module is suitable if you are running your Moodle install on the latest versions of IIS and MS SQl Server.

Michael

1. Changing end time of session -> Error /mod/facetoface/sessions.php?s=3

More information about this error

Debug info: An expression of non-boolean type specified in a context where a condition is expected, near 'LIKEN'.

SELECT DISTINCT userid FROM mdl_event WHERE modulename =? AND eventtype =? AND instance =? AND description LIKE? [array ( 0 => 'facetoface', 1 => 'facetofacesession', 2 => '3', 3 => '%attendees.php?s=3%', )]

Stack trace: line 394 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown line 255 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end() line 710 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->query_end() line 739 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql() line 3201 of \mod\facetoface\lib.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql() line 440 of \mod\facetoface\lib.php: call to facetoface_update_calendar_events() line 151 of \mod\facetoface\sessions.php: call to facetoface_update_session()

2. Adding Attendees -> Error /mod/facetoface/attendees.php?s=3&backtoallsessions=3

Debug info: The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be compared or sorted, except when using IS NULL or LIKE operator. SELECT su.id AS signupid, u.id, u.firstname, u.lastname, MAX(ss.timecreated) AS timesignedup, c.timecreated AS timecancelled, c.note AS cancelreason FROM mdl_facetoface_signups su JOIN mdl_user u ON u.id = su.userid JOIN mdl_facetoface_signups_status c ON su.id = c.signupid AND c.statuscode = 10 AND c.superceded = 0 LEFT JOIN mdl_facetoface_signups_status ss ON su.id = ss.signupid AND ss.statuscode IN ( 70, 60, 40 ) AND ss.superceded = 1 WHERE su.sessionid = 3 GROUP BY su.id, u.id, u.firstname, u.lastname, c.timecreated, c.note ORDER BY CAST(u.firstname AS VARCHAR(255)) + CAST(' ' AS VARCHAR(255)) + CAST(u.lastname AS VARCHAR(255)) , c.timecreated [array egg]

Stack trace: line 394 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown line 255 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end() line 710 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->query_end() line 739 of \lib\dml\mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql() line 344 of \mod\facetoface\attendees.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql() line 269 of \mod\facetoface\attendees.php: call to facetoface_get_cancellations()

by Vincent Baert -

(mod/facetoface/editattendees.php)

When trying to add attendees manualy I got this error when searching for students: sql_ilike() not available anymore. 

sql_ilike-not-available-anymore

by Noor Abdulghani -

We have upgraded our Moodle site from 1.9 to 2.1 and trying to install Face-to-Face, but I get all the information dispplayed on the notification page and when I click on upgrade all I get is a blank page..am I doing anything wrong in the installations??

Thanks

Noor

by Hartley Jean-Aimee -

I've installed this Face to Face module on my system (Moodle 2.1.1) and everything works well so far, except that when I attempt to sign up to a session that I've created, my page goes into a continous loop which I can't get out off for that site unless I delete my cookies. However when I do so and re-enter the site, it says that I've booked for that session, though no confirmation emails are being sent out, and the issue of the site continously looping upon signing up is strange. Can anyone direct me to a resolution? I'm not sure what the issue is and wondering if maybe it isn't the module exactly that is causing the issues? Please advise, thank you.

by Noor Abdulghani -

Hi all,

We now have a fresh Moodle installation with f2f installed, but I am getiing the following two errors.

1- When users book themselves, they get an error to send a notification email (see attached).

2- The second error is when they try to cancell a booking, they also get get_record error (see attached)

If anyone can help on this, will be appreciated!

Thanks

Noor

Attachment errors.JPG

by Glenn Sisson -

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your work (and others) on making face-to-face work on 2.0+. Much needed by me.

When do you believe there will be a stable release of this module for 2.0+?

by Michael Penney -

Hi Jeremy, it is great to see this being updated for Moodle 2 - would it be possilbe for you to put it into the Moodle Plug-ins database?

In reply to Michael Penney

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Michael,

The reason the current Face-to-face port for Moodle 2 isn't in the Moodle plugin database is because last time I reviewed it there were significant bugs with the functionality. I will see if I can find some time this week to re-review it and see if its in a state where I can be added to the plugin database.

-Alastair

by Jeremy Schweitzer -

We're using the version posted here (https://github.com/mynameisdongyoung) in production, but it doesn't have support for the Moodle 2.0 backup/restore functionality or course completion (not critical to our needs). Once our developer (or someone else) gets that functionality added, we will submit it for inclusion, but you can always grab it from github.

We've been using this in production since July without incident.