Liip Theme - dock issue

Liip Theme - dock issue

by Paul Alexander -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone,

A quick question with hopefully a quick/easy answer smile I'm currently using the Liip theme (a 2-column, fixed-width theme) in Moodle version 1.9 . I wish to upgrade to version 2.0 but need to deactivate the new dock feature so that blocks don't move into the left column (where I believe they will be hidden from student view in the Liip theme). Any ideas how I can deactivate the dock feature please?

Many thanks, Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Alexander

Re: Liip Theme - dock issue

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

First of all the Liip theme, as lovely as it is, will not work in Moodle 2. One of my plans was to convert this theme.  This may be the right time to think about doing it!

As for the docking this can be deactivated in any theme which has that facility. But theme which use it be it a 2 or three column theme, the dock is coded to take this into account.

The nearest theme to this one, in Moodle 2, is called Arialist.

HTH

Mary

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

$THEME->enable_dock = true; - change this to false to turn off the dock in themes which use it.

And I've just seen Mary's post so I wont repeat the rest of what I was going to say :D

Richard

Edit: You can find the reference to the DOCK in the theme's config.php (which ever theme has). smile

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Wednesday, 20 July 2011, 05:42 PM)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Paul,

I have just downloaded the Liip theme, and I see it is a 3 column theme and NOT a 2 column theme as you say it is. Unless you have modified it to do this, or perhaps the theme can be set up as a 2 or 3 colum theme?

It's ages since I used this theme.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Paul Alexander -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your prompt replies - your advice is very much appreciated! To note, some work was done to the Liip theme a couple of years ago (Patrick O'Malley was paid to do it), such as rounded corners, etc. I don't recall if he or I made it a 2-column theme, which I'm currently using with Moodle version 1.9.10. 

In any case, I checked out the Arialist theme you mentioned, which is quite nice. Unfortunately, it is fluid-width. I really like using fixed-width themes so that all my banners, media, etc, are positioned how I like them. Hence, I think I'm going to have to find a way to update the 'Liip' theme to Moodle 2.x or deactivate the dock as previously mentioned. On that note, if you are willing to upgrade the Liip theme, I would be willing to pay you to do so. Your thoughts?

Best, Paul

by Mary Evans -

Hi Paul,

I would not worry too much about the dock element, as it only docks the blocks which are in the theme.  But like Richard & I have both said, you can disable the dock if you don't want it.

Is there a chance I could visit your Moodle site to see what the changes are you have made to Liip from it's original style?  Which browser do you or your organisation use, as this does have an impact on some Moodle 2 themes. 

Mary