Lesson Dependent on Time Spent minutes+

Lesson Dependent on Time Spent minutes+

de către Simon S-
Număr de răspunsuri: 3

Hi I am creating a moodle course for certifcation. Each lesson needs to be completed before the next lesson can begin. My problem is that the lessons which are videos are odd times. For example, 10:30, 9:28... But the dependent on function only allows for "whole minutes". Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

Simon

Media aprecierilor: -
Ca răspuns la Simon S

Re: Lesson Dependent on Time Spent minutes+

de către Miriam Laidlaw-
Fotografia lui Plugin developers

If the video is 9.28, why don't you just make the next activity dependent on the students having spent 9 minutes watching it? I would round it down to the nearest minute. If they spend 9 minutes watching it, chances are they've also watched the last 28 seconds.

Ca răspuns la Miriam Laidlaw

de către Simon S-

Thanks Miriam.

I need each course to be verified that they spent 50 minutes for each credit. This is for certification to boards.

I finally have it set up the way I need it, but after spending the correct amount of time in the lesson, the next lesson would not allow passage due to not enough time spent, even though the entire time was spent.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Simon

Ca răspuns la Simon S

de către Chris Collman-
Fotografia lui Documentation writers

Hi Simon,

The "old seat time in front of the instructor determines knowledge received " standard.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing in class AND getting 100% on the tests surâs

I have never used the time restrict access function in a production site because it always seemed created unexpected wrinkles.   I like that you did not create a single 50 minute lesson for 1 credit hour.  

I may put that on my next to look at again.   Sort of gotten away from lesson with 2.x . 

Would appreciate learning of any success you may have and "I did it this way" tips.

Chris