display php errors

display php errors

by g k -
Number of replies: 2

I am getting a warning in the administrative backend of Moodle 2.03. Specifically, the message, "Enabling the PHP setting display_errors is not recommended on production sites because some error messages may reveal sensitive information about your server" appears.

When I do a security overview check, again, I am getting a "displaying of php errors" warning.

I have looked at the php.ini file on the server and "display errors" is set to "off".  

When I look at "php info" in the admin backend of Moodle, both "display startup errors" and "display errors" are set to off.  Under "debugging"  debug messages is set to none.  Nothing is checked under the debugging window.  Yet I still have this warning under security overview.  Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: display php errors

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Go to admin -> server -> PHP info in moodle.

You will see that each settings has two values: Local value and Master value. Local value for display errors should match what you set on the Moodle admin debugging screen.

The message you are seeing may be it complaining about the Master value - which would mean that the value is wrong in your PHP configuration.