How to time in selected release?

How to time in selected release?

by Ana Hernandez -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, Im using moodle 2.0, we post the video classes online, but only for a certain amount of time. There is the option of selecting a date but not a time. Does anyone know what do to?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ana Hernandez

Re: How to time in selected release?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think you mean you want to specify the length of time (not days) that someone can view a video?Currently there isn't a standard way of setting time for resources and there is always the question of - if you set it to an hour for instance, how do you know they are actually watching the video for an hour? You could always request this feature - a lot of people would like it - and hope that someone is keen enough to to do it  -or you could pay someone to create it ( but yes, I know; that could be quite an expense)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ana Hernandez -

Hi Mary, yes that what i meant to say.

It will be great to get this implemented into future moodle.

Thanks Mary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Ana,

I don't see how your question is related to the Lesson module activity.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ana Hernandez -

Hi Joseph

I don't see your comment related to this disscussion.

Ana

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ana,

Sorry, should have explained more at length. In your original post, you do not say who you integrate your videos into the Lesson module. Can you please specify that?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ana Hernandez -

as mary explained, i need to have control of  a page that will allow me to release it out in moodle and take it down automatically. currently they have that support but the problem is that it happens for days. I am looking for more specific time control. as in the page is allowed to be viewed for with a certain time frame. eg Blackboard Selctive Release control schemes.

in other words, i can set up a page now ( 12 Pm - 07/20/2011) and have it release to the students on 9am - 7/21/2011 and it will automatically removed from moodle at 10pm -07/21/2011. (please note there is hours within the release)

blackboard has a time release scheme like that and i would like to know if theer is a way to get the same type of controls as blackboard.

Thanks in advance

Ana