Alphabetizing the glossary - again

Alphabetizing the glossary - again

by Maggie Lattuca -
Number of replies: 6
Hi all-
I read the previous postings on this topic, but I have a different variation on the problem.

I uploaded an xml file to the glossary, which worked well, except that I selected to allow browsing by alphabet and this does not work. Only the "All" link works. I put in an entry using the "Add a new entry" link and this too is not linked to the alphabet.  What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!
Maggie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maggie Lattuca

Re: Alphabetizing the glossary - again

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
ምስሊ ናይ Core developers ምስሊ ናይ Documentation writers ምስሊ ናይ Moodle HQ ምስሊ ናይ Peer reviewers ምስሊ ናይ Plugin developers ምስሊ ናይ Testers
Hi Maggie,

and are you sure that your XML file hasn't whitespaces (or other non alphanumeric character) between the tag and the start of the entry concept?

Can you share with us a piece of your xml file to test it?

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Maggie Lattuca -

Hi Eloy,

Thanks for your quick response. I've attached my sample glossary file. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Ciao --

Maggie

ምስሊ ናይ Core developers ምስሊ ናይ Documentation writers ምስሊ ናይ Moodle HQ ምስሊ ናይ Peer reviewers ምስሊ ናይ Plugin developers ምስሊ ናይ Testers
Hi Maggie,

I've imported your glossary file (3 entries) plus 1 manually introduced entry in my test servers (1.4.3 and 1.5) and it seems to work fine. If select the 'B' letter I can see the 'Behaviorism' concept definition without problems...

Can you sent some screenshot and/or explanation about your problem... try enabling debug in "Administration/Configure" to see if Moodle shows you some error.

Ciao smile

by Maggie Lattuca -

Hi Eloy,

I've attached screen shots of what happens when I click "ALL" and any one of the alphabets. I've asked our system administrator to have a look at this... I can't see how to enable debug in "Admin/Configure".

THANKS for your help!

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

really strange. To enable debug you must be logged as admin, then go to the "Admin" page and click over the "Variables" page. Inside that page (it's really long) there is a "debug" option. Turn it to "yes" and press the "Save changes" button near the end of the page. Then g to your glossary and check if you see some message (notice, warning...) not showed usually.

Ciao smile

by Maggie Lattuca -

Hi Eloy,

I've been away from the office... Haven't gotten the glossary to work yet, our system administrator says we need to update the glossary module. I just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Ciao--
Maggie