Background image not showing

Background image not showing

by Robert Maran -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Gordon

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but seeing is how the problem has occurred using quizport, I thought I would post it here. I made several quizzes in a quizport that included background images. When my students were doing these quizzes in a computer lab, the background images failed to appear in the quizzes. When I logged in under my name on one of my student's computer in the lab, the background images appeared as they should.

When I logged on at home as one of my students in the course, the background images appeared normally. When I logged in as one my students in another institution's network, the background images failed to appear again.

Is this something to do with quizport, or am I looking at a network issue, or something else? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Maran

Re: Background image not showing

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,

the first thing I would suggest is to clear the browser caches and "Force-refresh" the page in your browser.

But probably you have already done that, so ...

THe next thing I would try is to go to one of the computers that is misbehaving and find out what URL it is trying to access for the background image.

• If the image is within one of the HTML tags, then you can use the browser's "View source" menu option to open the source HTML and find the URL.
  • If the image is defined in a stylesheet (i.e. a ".css" file), then you will need to get the URL of the css file (again, using the browers's "View source" menu option), and then paste the stylesheet's URL into the browser's address bar.

Once you have the URL of the background, check it is an absolute URL, then paste it into the address bar of your browser. If it doesn't show, then go to the course files folder of your Moodle site (or whereever the image is stored), navigate to the image file and click on it. The browser should display the image.

That's enough for now. Please let me know what happens, and we can take it from there.

cheers
Gordon