Web Conference with Sychronous video

Web Conference with Sychronous video

by Andreas Lyras -
Number of replies: 3

Hi to all!

It seems that after numerous testing projects I will finally try Moodle for real!!! (extremely small scale but still in a "production" environment).

The problem is that, apart from asynchronous training, we need to implement some basic web conferencing with (and here is the catch) synchronous video streaming.

To illustrate, imagine this scenario:

A web conference with 1 instructor and 5 to 10 max participants where the instructor has the ability to present a video (and also pause, rewind etc) which the participants can see in real time over internet (not LAN) in adequate quality and all sides should be able to voice comment on it.

Of course, all the web conferencing goodies that, for example, bigbluebutton offers (like whiteboard, raise hands etc.) are more than welcome but not essential.

Sharing a Desktop while the video is playing doesn't seem to do the trick since the quality would propably be inadequate.

I know I am asking a lot (especially if you consider that it should be a free or low-cost solution at least at the beginning of the project) but I was hoping that someone could suggest a solution or workaround.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Lyras

Re: Web Conference with Sychronous video

by John Andrewartha -

In order of least to most expensive.  Wiziq and Elluminate.  Wiziq has a mod for Moodle 1.9* and 2.

Both will do what you want. 

John

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Andreas Lyras -

Thanks for your reply John. I 'll try Wiziq right away...

In reply to Andreas Lyras

by sylvia navarrete -

Hola Soy Sylvia Navarrete y no hablo muy bien ingles, vivo en Alemania y hablo bien el aleman. Me gustaria saber como instalar

Web Conference with Sychronous video en la plataforma Moodle que ya esta instalada

Pls. i need your help in instalation of: Web Conference with Sychronous video, i have install yet the Plataform but i need für my spanisch class the Video Conference. HELP ME PLS. How can i do that? thank you very much.

Muchas gracias

Sylvia