Moodle 2.0 File and Folder permission

Moodle 2.0 File and Folder permission

by Vinit Prajapati -
Number of replies: 6
Hello Every one I am using moodle 2.0 as File sharing, so I have created many Folders in Course called 'File Sharing'. Now All students enrolled in this courses can see all files from all folders. I want specific students to access some folders not all folders. So how can I do this ? thanks Vinit
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vinit Prajapati

Re: Moodle 2.0 File and Folder permission

by Isabelle Langeveld -

Hi Vinit,

Too bad you did not get an answer to this question. Have you found a solution meanwhile?

Isabelle

In reply to Isabelle Langeveld

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I would suggest you use Groupings to separate the students who can see some folders from those who can see others 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Isabelle Langeveld -

How can you make resources available to groups/groupings? I thought this could only be done with activities?

In reply to Vinit Prajapati

by Marek Spinka -

I am new to Moodle. Is it possible to create a folder where students can save files (homeworks, essays), but only I as teacher can read the files saved in this folder?

Thanks Marek

In reply to Marek Spinka

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes it is - either you can create assignments for them - see Assignment module - or you can even use the Database module for this - where each student places an entry but it needs moderation to be visible and you the teacher never allow it to be visible so only you and the student see the entry.  See FAQ here