Developers, before you start your engines on Moodle 2.2....
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... we had a discussion on commit message style, reached a bit of a consensus and commit message style generally improved and got more consistent.
Since then, we have:
- Moved from CVS to git as the version control system for Moodle
- Introduced a peer review/integration system
- Become a bit less consistent in commit message styles (IMO)
2/3 great improvements to Moodle development, but now when introducing Moodle development to new developers I am unsure what we are advocating as the house commit message style. Especially as the style which I thought we decided on in CVS_for_developers#CVS_commit_messages doesn't seem to be used by many people (component THEN bugid).
So I would like to propose:
- We decide on a house style
- Reviewers try to enforce the house style when merging code
What do you think?