"Student" not Option for default Enrolment-Role after Upgrade 1.9 to 2.0

"Student" not Option for default Enrolment-Role after Upgrade 1.9 to 2.0

by Andreas Giesen -
Number of replies: 0

I added two roles to a 1.9 Moodle (namely organisation and members) with "members" being the default role for the Homepage, copied from the student-role.

After upgrading to 2.03 (in a test-environment) organisation was checked as default for enrolement in new courses, with manager, teacher and non-editing-teacher being the other options presented - student was not available.

Later on I deleted the extra roles for them being obsolete in the future and with the hope to get student back into the options using the standard-set of roles.

Now for the Setting enrol_self | roleid I have only manager, teacher and non-editing-teacher left as options, still no student.

How can I fix this? This is a major problem since one wouldn't want to have every student enrol as teacher or manager! In the dialog for manual enrolments I get no option to enrol as student either...

Can I prevent this bug by changing something in the 1.9 environment before Upgrading or fix it in the upgraded 2.03-environment later on?

Sincerley, Andreas

Average of ratings: -