User "admin" it´s lost?

User "admin" it´s lost?

by Luis Urbina -
Number of replies: 9

I have installed moodle 1.4.3 twice, and after the configuration page (language, time zone....), Moodle must give an option to configure the Admin user... (Installation manual) but this screen never appear, only the main login page.

I can login like guest and create a new account, but Admin can´t login (the manual says admin/admin - user/password, but not works).

Running phpMyAdmin, in "mdl_user", -admin- it´s not shown
(either in "mdl_user_admins"

What can I do?

Thank you

Luis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Urbina

Re: User "admin" it´s lost?

by Shane Elliott -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
You can use phpMyAdmin to make one of your created accounts an admin:

1. Get the id from the mdl_user table of the account you wish to make an admin;
2. Insert a row in the mdl_user_admins table with id=1 and userid=(id from mdl_user table)

Then just login with this account and you should be the primary admin for the site.
In reply to Shane Elliott

by Luis Urbina -

Shane... ¡thank you very much! With your help it was very easy (I´m new here...) smile

See you later!

Luis

by Pioter Janeling -

Thank you, thank you... THANK YOU! smile

I had problems when i tried to install on www.b-one.net
They have a secure PHP-mode and i got the feeling that this was the thing causing a glitsh.

I got to a 500 Internal server error when the admin account would have been created.

I fixed it with your tip.

Handy stuff...good cream big grin

>>Pioter Janeling

by Leah Moir -
Hi, I have this problem too, exactly the same but I don't have a mdl_user_admin table in my database. The setup seemed to go fine as far as the database was concerned - everything successful. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do here?

Thanks,

Leah
In reply to Leah Moir

by jonathan foerster -
I, too, am missing the mdl_user_admin table after an upgrade to 1.7.3 (from 1.5.x)
In reply to jonathan foerster

by Richard Enison -
JF (& maybe LM),

It could be you are experiencing the phenomenon of missing a table(s) due to skipping a major version in upgrading, as described in this prior post of mine.

RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

by Nitaq Telecom -

Hi all,

I am new to Moodle. I successfully installed the latest version, but my admin password is lost. I messed up with the mdl_user table and tried to login but I failed. I couldnt find any table that is called mdl_user_admin ... Can anyone help??

thanks.

Ahmed

In reply to Nitaq Telecom

by Richard Enison -
To all moodlers,

It's been half a year and NT is no longer enrolled. But in case anyone else has the same question, the table is now called mdl_role_assignments. See

last paragraph of http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=82883#p366705
also http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=18103
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administration_FAQ#I_have_forgotten_the_admin_password

RLE