Help needed: Forums stop sending e-mail

Help needed: Forums stop sending e-mail

by Alberto LaCava -
Number of replies: 9

In our installation at www.mobiusnet.com  (Felician College Test Pilot), the forum module have stopped sending e-mails. I cannot figure out what is wrong. This was happening before and after our update to 1.4.3+ this weekend.

The registration e-mail seems to be working OK, students have been registering themselves and received the required e-mails for confirmation of registration and to enter the reg key. Also, the server e-mail is operating normally.

Anybody has experienced this? Suggestions will be very much welcome!

Alberto

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alberto LaCava

Re: Help needed: Forums stop sending e-mail

by Tony Hursh -
What do you see if you visit http://www.mobiusnet.com/admin/cron.php with your browser?
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Alberto LaCava -

Tony:

Server Time: Tue,  1 Feb 2005 19:58:10 -0500

Starting activity modules
Finished activity modules
Running backups if required...
    Checking backup status...RUNNING
    Scheduled backup seems to be running. Execution delayed
Backup tasks finished.
Cron script completed correctly
Execution took 0.332564 seconds
This is what I get...
Alberto

by Tony Hursh -
Did the mail arrive after you did that?
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Alberto LaCava -

I did receive mail after that. Maybe running the cron by hand "unclogged" something?

Thank you for your help!

Alberto

by Tony Hursh -
I would guess that something is not quite right with the way your cron is set up. It's either not running automatically at all or something has changed to to break your existing configuration (this could be a change that your web host has made, if you're using a shared hosting service).

How do you have your cron set up?

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Matt Molloy -

Hi Tony, Alberto,

I'm having the same problem with cron. Everything works except the email of new postings. If someone makes a posting and I run the cron manually, it functions, but will not do it automatically. I have uninstalled/reinsalled moodle cron several times, but to no avail.

Regards to all,

Matt

In reply to Matt Molloy

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Can you describe exactly how you set up moodle cron (in detail, including where you got the software and what you put in the fields)?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt Molloy -

I am new to this side of moodle, having only used it from the participant side up to this. I am running Windows XP, sp2, and followed the link from the installation FAQ to download and intall the cron. Answered the questions as they were asked - address of site, frequency of visit etc. When I check in services, moodle cron shows as running. It functions perfectly if I run it manually.

In reply to Matt Molloy

by Marc Hauge -
If it's the last or only line in your crontab try putting a return (new line) just after it.

Otherwise confirm that your crontab is actually being run.

Hope that helps!