Paypal and Moodle 1.4.3 + (2004083131)

Paypal and Moodle 1.4.3 + (2004083131)

by Linda B -
Number of replies: 8

I am using Moodle 1.4.3 + (2004083131).

Today I changed my Primary Method of Enrollment to Paypal.  I was able to save this option.  I also added the course costs to the Edit course settings pages.  I logged out.  No Paypal icons or cost appeared next to my courses.  I refreshed and cleared cashe.  Still no changes.  Going through these forums, I saw there was an update to the lib/setup.php page.  I downloaded and installed that....still no change.

1. What should I try next?

2. How does a student pay for a course?  What do they need to click on to be sent to Paypal?  How does this Paypal option of enrollment work?

Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda B

Re: Paypal and Moodle 1.4.3 + (2004083131)

by Linda B -
Could someone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks again!
In reply to Linda B

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Linda,

1.4.3 does not have any PayPal icons, but I have submitted some for 1.5, as well as a Cost help page.  Until then, make it clear in your course descrition that when users click on the Course Title, they will be able to click on a "Pay now" button that will take them to PayPal.

See this FAQ for more info http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/view.php?id=1024&mode=letter&hook=P&sortkey=CREATION&sortorder=asc

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Rhonda Goetz -

Hi I am trying this out in v1.5 dev, I can set Paypal as enrollment option, but when I update it defaults back to internal enrollment.  The paypal model does not kick in.

Works in 1.4 though.  I am not a developer just an "experimenter."  Thought I would pass it on.

In reply to Rhonda Goetz

by Chardelle Busch -

Thanks Rhonda,

This should be working now in both 1.4.3 and 1.5dev.

by Linda B -

Thanks for answering Chardelle.  The link was very helpful.  The only thing that isn't working according to the link is:

"Go back to your site homepage and you should see the price listed underneath the course title, for example, Cost: $49.95".

I do see the cost and Paypal button after the student enrolls and selects a course.  However, it is not listed on my index page next to each course (under "Available Courses").  Even if the Paypal button icon is not available in 1.4.3+, should the cost appear next to each course on the index page?

In reply to Linda B

by Chardelle Busch -

Like I mentioned before, there just isn't anything that shows up on the index page in 1.4.3, that's why I've asked Martin to include some revisions in 1.5 (see screenshot).  The cost should show up on the categories page, however.  I will have to update that FAQ after 1.5 comes outsmile.

Attachment paypalicon.gif

by Rhonda Goetz -

Hi, I put in the Paypal option.  But when I log out and then go to the course category, I do not get prompted for payment only login information or Send my Details by email.

My authentication is manual.  My front page does not allow guest login.  Thanks!

In reply to Rhonda Goetz

by Chardelle Busch -

Hi Rhonda,

In order for a user to enroll in a course--either through PayPal or with a key--they must first have an account and be logged in.