NOLINK Testing please!!!

NOLINK Testing please!!!

by Janne Mikkonen -
Number of replies: 10
I've added new nolink feature in this editor that uses <span class="nolink"> tag (see bug #2428) (its in CVS).

It need to be tested throughout. If it isn't working then it must not be released.

- Janne -
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

Re: NOLINK Testing please!!!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Excellent! Just checking though: do the filters still support the old <nolink> tag too?  Or should we have a compatibility filter to convert from old to new?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Janne Mikkonen -
Yes it does. The editor it self convert these <nolink> tags to <span class="nolink"> and the glossary filter supports both taggings, so I don't think manual converting isn't necessary?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Janne,

these filtes:

filter/activitynames
mod/wiki/filter
mod/resource/filter

seem to use the nolink too! They should be changed too! Can you do it?

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Janne Mikkonen -
Good point Eloy, I'd missed those completely.
I'll check them as well.

- Janne -

Re: NOLINK Testing please!!! - cleanAttributes2 not behaving greatly!

by Janne Mikkonen -
There is a slight problem with cleanAttributes2 function and <span class="nolink">.

This function adds a extra space in the end of the starting tag which can be removed with $attrStr = rtim($attrStr);

The question is, does this change create problems with other tags???

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi
The introduction of the <span class="nolink"></span> tag is an excellent idea!smile

While we are on this topic, may I suggest the introduction of a <span class="link"></span> tag? Let me explain.
  1. I do appreciate the possibility of enabling automatic linking of resources to Glossary/ies entries. For my English courses, it is extremely useful.
  2. However, there are a fairly large number of cases when that automatic auto'linking is not wanted.
  3. OK, I know I can always use the <nolink></nolink> or the new <span class="nolink"></span> (which, I suppose, works more or less the same?).
  4. But I am still left with a number of cases where I would like an overall <nolink> effect for a whole document while enabling <link> in some passages only.
  5. What I would like to do is, e.g., to enclose my whole document in a <span class="nolink"></span> tag and still be able to enclose a few chosen parts of that document in a span class="link"></span> tag.
  6. Typically I need this for longish HTML pages with a high density of words appearing in the glossary/ies, or Lesson pages with the same density...
I hope that the above a) makes sense and b) is technically feasible wink.

Joseph_R
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
You could write your code like this:

<span class="nolink">Een </span>LED<span class="nolink"> is een lichtgevende diode. Diodes zijn halfgeleiders en die laten de stroom slechts in 1 richting door. Daarom is de manier van aansluiten van een </span>LED<span class="nolink"> erg belangrijk: het lange been zit aan de positieve kant, het korte been aan de negatieve kant. Verkeerd aansluiten kan bij een spanning van om en bij de 2 á 3 Volt je ledje al vernietigen.</span>

(I only linked the word LED)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Test report of <span class="nolink"></span> in Moodle 1.5 dev.
  • Works OK in :
    • uploaded HTML file
    • composed Webpage
    • composed text page
  • Does not work in:
    • lessons (the <span class="nolink"></span> is automatically transformed into <span></span> upon display
    • glossary definitions
Joseph_R