table issues

table issues

autor viral mehta -
Počet odpovědí: 5

I had created many web page in moodle 1.9 in which i had inserted a table with the help of simple <tr> and <td> tags.Everything was fine but now we have updated to moodle 2.0.1 and in many we pages for tables no seperation line is visible between columns and rows. Kindly help me otherwise will have to change in atleast 30 webpages...

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na viral mehta

Re: table issues

autor Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Viral,

You are not alone with your observation. I guess displaying the borderlines is theme related, because in Standard theme I am able to see the lines. Use Firebug (add as plugin in Firefox) and play with the tables and add either

border: 1px solid #000000;

or: border-width: 1px solid #000000;

to your core css style sheet.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

V odpovědi na Hartmut Scherer

autor viral mehta -

Hey Hartmurt,

Thank you for this solution. Currently I am using anomaly theme. Where exactly should I paste this "border-width: 1px solid #000000" I mean which css file?

Thanks in advance,
 Viral Mehta 

autor Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Viral,

I tried yesterday late in the evening and early this morning to solve the problem, but I am unable to locate the proper css file. I am almost sure that the lines not displayed in a table is a general theme problem, because it occurs in database activity module as well and also happens when I switch to Aardvark-Makeover. It may be helpful to post your problem in the themes forum.

Sorry, but my understanding of CSS and PHP is too limited to give you more help.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

autor Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Viral,

Mary Evans and Frank Ralf provided all the details for the missing lines in the themes forum. In cPanel open the general.css file in anomaly/styles and add at the bottom:

#page-mod-lesson-view th,
#page-mod-lesson-view td {
    border-width: 1px;
}

I tried it in the anomaly theme and it worked.

With kind regards,

Hartmut