where can I find blocks to download?

where can I find blocks to download?

by Sean S -
Number of replies: 5
I would like to find a list of blocks. But it looks like all I can find is this forum where I need to peruse pages and pages and pages of threads looking for clues in titles to interesting blocks.

Isn't there a page like the modules page where blocks can be downloaded? Or if not, then a list of blocks linking back to threads in this forum?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean S

Re: where can I find blocks to download?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
A proper repository is being developed but is not here yet.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sean S -
Groovy. Thanks a bunch.. any eta? 
In reply to Sean S

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Not really. Eloy started a "Repository" module but has a big pile of more important things to work on right now.

However, I think the Database module should be able to do it too, with some more work, so maybe we should all work on that module instead after 1.5 is released.
In reply to Sean S

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
As Martin said, progress has been really slooooow with this developmen (my fault sad).

Anyway, after 1.5, I'll try to centre my efforts on it (or whatever alternative was used to implement it).

I think it's a must, and more thinking about new, amazing 1.5 blocks posibilities! cool

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Sean S -
Any word on this since we are now on 1.5.2