Newbie with glossary problem

Newbie with glossary problem

дэргэд Curtis Card -
Хариу нийтлэлийн тоо: 4

I've just recently started working with Moodle and have been attempting to use the glossary that is bundled with the installation, but I have not figured out how to use this glossary.  Every time I go to the glossary module it always wants to make a new glossary.  I've checked the Moodle directory structure and there is a glossary.xml file, but I don't know how to make use of it.

Thanks.  This appears to be a great product.

Үнэлгээний дундаж: -
Curtis Card-н хариуд

Re: Newbie with glossary problem

дэргэд Helen Foster -
Core developers зураг Documentation writers зураг Moodle HQ зураг Particularly helpful Moodlers зураг Plugin developers зураг Testers зураг Translators зураг
Hi,

Please could you explain what you mean by:
"Every time I go to the glossary module it always wants to make a new glossary."

To use the glossary you need to start by selecting it from the 'Add an activity...' drop-down menu then complete the 'Adding a new Glossary' form. You will then be able to add glossary entries.
Helen Foster-н хариуд

дэргэд Curtis Card -

Thanks.

When I went to the 'Add an activity...' drop-down menu, I could only create a new Glossary to which I could (had to) add entries.  In the Moodle distribution, there are already two glossaries, A glossary of common terms and Teacher-Defined Glossary.  Both of these already contain terms and I wanted to include them without having to re-enter them.  Each has it's own glossary.xml file.

Since my initial post, I have resolved this issue.

Curtis Card-н хариуд

дэргэд Alex Walker -
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get this to work?  I can't see how to get to use the distributed glossaries either...