Glossary does not show Arabic content

Glossary does not show Arabic content

od Nadia Yassine -
Število odgovorov: 1

I am new to Moodle, and I hope someone can help me resolve this problem. I have installed Moodle 2.0.2. I am trying to create an online course to teach the Arabic language for English speakers. I created a glossary and entered the word Hello in the concept field. I then entered the arabic meaning of it 'مرحبا' in the defnition field.

I received the following error message:

Debug info: Incorrect string value: '\xD9\x85\xD8\xB1\xD8\xAD...' for column 'definition' at row 1
UPDATE mdl_glossary_entries SET concept = ?,glossaryid = ?,timecreated = ?,userid = ?,sourceglossaryid = ?,teacherentry = ?,definition = ?,definitionformat = ?,definitiontrust = ?,timemodified = ?,approved = ?,usedynalink = ?,casesensitive = ?,fullmatch = ?,attachment = ? WHERE id=?
[array (
0 => 'Hello',
1 => '1',
2 => 1309087897,
3 => '2',
4 => 0,
5 => 1,
6 => '<p>مرحبا</p>',
7 => '1',
8 => 0,
9 => 1309087897,
10 => 1,
11 => 0,
12 => 0,
13 => 0,
14 => '',
15 => 3,
)]

Stack trace:
  • line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 980 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1012 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->update_record_raw()
  • line 145 of /mod/glossary/edit.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->update_record()

Can you shed some light on the above please?

Thanks

Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Nadia Yassine

Re: Glossary does not show Arabic content

od Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators

This error message probably means that you have not installed your moodle database with the UTF-8 encoding, as required by Moodle (since 1.9 in fact). Is that a brand-new moodle install or an upgrade from an earlier moodle version and if so which version?

Did you insall the database yourself or your internet provider installed it ? Which type of database is it : mysql, MSql, PostSQL, etc.?

I have just tried the glossary entry you suggested and it works OK on my Moodle 2.0 test site.

Please check your moodle database encoding.

Joseph

Priponka 26-06-2011 23-07-47.jpg