Has anyone else tried UDUTU for making SCORM content for Moodle?

Has anyone else tried UDUTU for making SCORM content for Moodle?

by Mark Hilliard -
Number of replies: 1

Wanted to ask if any other Moodle folks had tried using the UDUTU online authoring system to make SCORM type objects for Moodle?

I ran across it a few weeks ago, tried it and almost gave up, until I realized how the double tabbed interface worked and where you did the edits.  Then I managed to import a PPT file, used Audacity to add audio to it, and started to see the power of the thing.

CAVEAT - this is a fee for service or SAAS type authoring tool, but it generously allows you to make small scorm sets of up to 50 slides w/o paying anything, and you can then download/export your show and use it in Moodle.  I did some 1.9 Moodle imports that seemed to work fine, and will test with 2.x next, but wanted to know if anyone else had played with this and what their experiences were?

Given that we don't have Book module yet in Moodle 2, what have people been using besides posting PPTs into Moodle if you want slide-show type content (or putting them up as blah PDF's) ?

If you get a chance, recommend playing with UDUTU just for fun!

Mark H.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hilliard

Re: Has anyone else tried UDUTU for making SCORM content for Moodle?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The training centre at my school did a test of it here along with other SCORM packs. For Powerpoints with sound, animations etc I like Ispringfree or Ispring Presenter (which they also reviewed) But I was under the impression there is already  a 2.0 version of the Book module - have you tried that?