Problem with admin pages

Problem with admin pages

by Chris Howard -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone.     I was currently running moodle v. 1.9.2, and I was going to check the admin page to see what current version I am running.  When I typed in http://mysite/admin, I just get a blank page with DONE at the bottom.  I have tried this in Firefox and IE.  I thought upgrading the moodle files would fix the issue, and so I tried upgrading to v. 1.9.9 and then 1.9.12 with the same results.  My site still works as long as I don't try accessing the admin page.  I can't install anything new and I need to be able to access the admin page.  If anyone has a suggestion, I would really appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Howard

Re: Problem with admin pages

by Guillermo Madero -

So, what would happen if you go to yoursite/admin/cron.php

Check the value of the $CFG->admin parameter in config.php.

Cheers!

In reply to Guillermo Madero

Re: Problem with admin pages

by Chris Howard -

I can access the /admin/cron.php and it will display a page.  I checked the config.php file, and the parameter for $CFG->admin is set to 'admin'.  One thing I forgot to mention during the upgrades was that when it ran, I ran the unattended procedure when upgrading to 1.9.9.  It ran initially and went to the new settings page where I saved the settings, and then it proceeded until it got to the chat and data mods.  It showed them being updated, but it never went on to the next page or mod or anything.  When I tried upgrading to 1.9.12, I tried the manual procedure, and it just stopped at the data mod.  The computer and the browser didn't freeze up, but the install didn't proceed any further.  When I try login to the site as admin, I am automatically directed to the admin/index.php page where it is just blank.  I can log in using a different user that is not a site admin, and I am successful in logging in.  Not sure where to go from here.  Thanks for your reply.

Chris Howard