LDAP Enrollment Oddities and Question

LDAP Enrollment Oddities and Question

by Daniel Kaelin -
Number of replies: 0

I have 2 questions regarding LDAP Enrollment that I could not seem to find answered anywhere else on the forums.

1. Does the enrol_ldap_sync.php file located under your base install /enrol/ldap/ run with the Moodle cron?

I can process it manually to update all the enrollment records and I can script it to be processed but I couldn't seem to find any answers on whether it was already running with the Moodle CRON.

2. My second questions is more of an unexplainable error. On the portal when we are logged in as the administrator and then try to "login as" a student I am presented with a lot of LDAP errors and the student is then unenrolled from the course I was presently in, if they were enrolled in it to begin with.

It is a LDAP Bind error but my LDAP enrollment is working properly and so is LDAP Authentication and there are no issues with the binding so I am unsure as to what is causing these errors.

Is there a bug in the LDAP Enrollment code that only flairs up when you do a "login as" for a student and are presently in one of their enrolled courses?

Does LDAP Enrollment get confused when I am emulating a student account by using the login as feature?

I am able to replicate this issue multiple times across multiple student accounts and multiple courses. I would appreciate any feedback from other users that may be experiencing these problems.

Thanks,

Daniel

Average of ratings: -