Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

od Dusti Annan -
Število odgovorov: 3

Is it possible for a student to resume a lesson activity with essays responses saved from their previous work on the lesson? Currently, it appears that when students resume, no essay responses are retained.

Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Dusti Annan

Re: Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

od David Emmett -

Dusti

Currently this is not possible - this was a issue for our students as well so we are currently working on a version of the lesson tool that will allow answers to be saved - I hope to have this available for Moodle version 2 in a couple of weeks - stay tuned

Cheers

Dave

V odgovor na David Emmett

od Geoff Hyde -

There is a workaround, it works in 1.9 at least. Basically the answer to an essay will be saved if the student answers a multiple choice question *correctly* after doing the essay, and before logging out.

Therefore after each essay I insert a "fake" multiple choice question that has the following features:

1. Page title: Lock in your answer!

2. Page contents: Choose the Lock it in! option below to make sure your answer is saved in Moodle.

3. Answer 1: Lock it in!

4. Response 1: Your answer is now locked in!

(Score 1)

Since this question must have a score of at least 1, It does mean that there will be as many "free points" as there are essay questions. I always make my Lesson grade out of 100, and only have two or three essays per Lesson, so it is not such a problem for me.

Geoff

V odgovor na Dusti Annan

od Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators

Hi Dusti,

You might consider installing on your moodle site my new Block: Display Lesson Essays Feedback & Score to students. See this discussion, which contains the link to the Modules & plugins database address for the block.

If a student wants to resume a Lesson activity containing one or more essays from a previous submission, she can

• click on the Lesson link in the Display Lesson Essays Feedback & Score to students block,
  • copy her previous essay(s) answer(s) to the clipboard,
  • paste to a simple Notepad,
  • then go to that Lesson activity
  • and paste her previous answer(s) to the relevant Essay...kul

Joseph

PS.- I hope this will encourage Lesson users to install and test that block, for which I have so far received a grand total of zero test reports.pomežik