Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

by Dusti Annan -
Number of replies: 3

Is it possible for a student to resume a lesson activity with essays responses saved from their previous work on the lesson? Currently, it appears that when students resume, no essay responses are retained.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dusti Annan

Re: Resuming a lesson with essay responses saved

by David Emmett -

Dusti

Currently this is not possible - this was a issue for our students as well so we are currently working on a version of the lesson tool that will allow answers to be saved - I hope to have this available for Moodle version 2 in a couple of weeks - stay tuned

Cheers

Dave

In reply to David Emmett

by Geoff Hyde -

There is a workaround, it works in 1.9 at least. Basically the answer to an essay will be saved if the student answers a multiple choice question *correctly* after doing the essay, and before logging out.

Therefore after each essay I insert a "fake" multiple choice question that has the following features:

1. Page title: Lock in your answer!

2. Page contents: Choose the Lock it in! option below to make sure your answer is saved in Moodle.

3. Answer 1: Lock it in!

4. Response 1: Your answer is now locked in!

(Score 1)

Since this question must have a score of at least 1, It does mean that there will be as many "free points" as there are essay questions. I always make my Lesson grade out of 100, and only have two or three essays per Lesson, so it is not such a problem for me.

Geoff

In reply to Dusti Annan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Testers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Translators колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Hi Dusti,

You might consider installing on your moodle site my new Block: Display Lesson Essays Feedback & Score to students. See this discussion, which contains the link to the Modules & plugins database address for the block.

If a student wants to resume a Lesson activity containing one or more essays from a previous submission, she can

• click on the Lesson link in the Display Lesson Essays Feedback & Score to students block,
  • copy her previous essay(s) answer(s) to the clipboard,
  • paste to a simple Notepad,
  • then go to that Lesson activity
  • and paste her previous answer(s) to the relevant Essay...cool

Joseph

PS.- I hope this will encourage Lesson users to install and test that block, for which I have so far received a grand total of zero test reports.wink