Essay based Lessons, help needed

Essay based Lessons, help needed

by Stef Cooke -
Number of replies: 2

I am using Moodle 2.

I want to use Lessons, or something, to set up coursework hand-ins and grading but I am not sure I am trying to do something that is impossible.

In short I have a multi part assignment, 6 essay sections with 4 essay subsections each, e.g. B1a B2a C1a C2a; B1b B2b C1b C2b; etc

I wanted to set up a Lesson with conditional activities that means that they have to hand in and receive a specific grade for 1 section before they can progress to the next subsection.

Is this possible?

Do I need a plug in, and if so which would you recommend?

All help gratefully received!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stef Cooke

Re: Essay based Lessons, help needed

by viral mehta -

Hi,

You don't need a plugin. In the course settings there is one checkbox which says track completion It should be enabled. By enabling this you will be able to create dependency from chapter to other chapter like if student has scored 70% in the previous quiz then only he can go forward...

In reply to Stef Cooke

Re: Essay based Lessons, help needed

by António Gonçalves -

Hello Stef, I am familiar only with MOODLE 1.9. So, the contribution of Viral its an option for sure.

Two options:

1. Well, in case of the MOODLE 1.9, in the lesson there is a dependency option where you can define what you want. You can use it if you set all the 4 essay subsections as 4 different lessons, each dependent on the former grade lesson.
  2. The other option is to set the menu to show only if the grade is better than a value (you can do this in the lesson configuration), and the essay will appear only in the menu (see note 1). Of course you have to choose the path of your lesson in order that the student doesn't found the essay with the buttons.

I suggest that you use a map to design your lesson: cmap tools can help.

I hope this is helpfull. Good work. António

note 1: you must notice that the essay questions doesn't appear in the menu, but if you put a branch table called "essay question" and choose the button to go to that question...