I am considering using metacourses as a way to aggregrate a number of individual moodle courses under 1 umbrella but was wondering about what happened when it came to reusing them for a new intake.
If I create a metacourse called Science made up of child courses physics, chemistry and biology my understanding is that anyone enrolled in science would also be enrolled in the child courses and vis versa if some was enrolled in chemistry for example they would also be added to physics and biology and Science.
- Is that an accurate example of the workings of metacourses?
- If the above is true do metacourses behalf in the same way as courses when it comes to reuse
- Can I copy a metacourse which would result is all the child courses getting copied at the same time or do I individually manage each child course?
- Do copied courses link to a master metacourse?
- Would my Science metacourse link to all the child courses including other copies of Science metacourses
- Or are copied of metacourses only connected to its own copies of the child courses