Is this actually possible in Moodle 2.x?

Is this actually possible in Moodle 2.x?

by Alan Muscat -
Number of replies: 6

Hello

I am the main admin for a Moodle installation for a client of mine. They are consultants. The consultancy would like to give Moodle access to the employees of the companies for whom they provide their consultancy.

They would like each of these employees to access only those courses specifically set up for the company they work for. So this is easy with an individual enrolment key for each course.

However, my client would like each of these employees not to know what other companies they is providing consultancy to. My understanding is that it is possible for students to see each others profiles and therefore see email addresses and by seeing these email addresses to work out what company that person works for. Indeed they can communicate with each other despite being enrolled on different courses.

Is it possible to have one company's employees blind to the other company's employees on the system and prevent communication between the two?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Muscat

Re: Is this actually possible in Moodle 2.x?

by Guillermo Madero -

Yes, it is possible. Students cannot see profiles of other students if they are in separete groups (with forced=yes).

Regarding the idea of having several companies in one moodle installation, you might want to take a look at the following discussion:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=111151

Cheers!

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Alan Muscat -

Thank you, that easy, eh? I'll give it a shot. And look at that other discusion.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Alan Muscat -

Unfortunately, the link that is providing in the discussion you pointed me to appears to be broken. I have sent a message to the person in question, however it was 2008 when he posted the link.

In reply to Alan Muscat

by Guillermo Madero -

I think you missed the updated link:

http://vlearner.net/media/moodlestuff/multicustomers/

Cheers!