Automated learning plan

Automated learning plan

by Vijay N -
Number of replies: 6

Hi All,

Here is what I am trying to achieve for my students:-

1) A series of courses (not to be confused by the course term used in moodle).  When a student completes a course they are automatically moved to the next level/ course based on the grades they achieve, if they dont pass, then they remain in this course.

So its like a learning planner that takes them to different courses (made up of text based e-learning materials) based on how they perform.

How do I get this to work??

Vijay

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay N

Re: Automated learning plan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well you say "not to be confused by the course term used in Moodle" If you don't necessarily mean actual Moodle "courses" and are happy to use activities within one Moodle course, then using Conditional Activities in Moodle 2.0 would be just right for your needs. Have you investigated this?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vijay N -

Thanks Mary, still new to the whole "conditional activities".

How do I set up conditional activities?, In my scenario I have build a couple of "web page" activities and converted these into text based e-learning paged and also used journal activities as the inbuild assessment modules, how do I set conditions in this?

Vijay

In reply to Vijay N

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Presumably you are running 2.0? Here is some documentation - you need to have enabled it in site admin>advanced features http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Conditional_activities

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vijay N -

Thanks Mary, on a related note, is there a method to do the same for activities in multiple course pages (moodle courses). Pulling this out from other course pages. The reason being that the whole point was to put conditions for courses, so if the contents are in different course pages, then the above method may not work (or will it) ??

In reply to Vijay N

by Mary Cooch -

well no, not really - conditional activities relates to one course only and you can't (easily) make one course conditional on another.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vijay N -

Thanks Mary, I suppose I will have to find different appraoch to this then, I think all it needs is re organing the conents on the course pages to help support this concept.

I was wondering if you had a few thoughts on the thread I started here:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176528

Cheers

Vijay