Link to download the latest version (HEAD) of certificate for Moodle 2.0

Link to download the latest version (HEAD) of certificate for Moodle 2.0

από Jean-Michel Védrine -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 15

Hello,

Wanting to upgrade my Moodle website to 2.0 I looked for upgraded versions of the plugins I use in the modules and plugins database.

Unfortunately the corresponding page for the certificate module don't have a link to the latest version or to a 2.0 version.

Of course if you are familiar with CVS you can download it from CONTRIB CVS or if you are familiar with the way links in Modules and plugins database works you can guess the link (it's what I did κλείσιμο ματιού ), but for people having some trouble getting the latest version, here is the link :

http://download.moodle.org/download.php/plugins/mod/certificate.zip

As you see the only difference with the link for the 1.9 version is /plugins/ instead of /plugins19/

I suggest to use the above link rather than versions attached to  CONTRIB2006 wich in my opinion have not been properly upgraded to 2.0.

Chardelle, if you read this message I think it would be usefull to modify the page in modules and plugins to add a link to latest version.

I have installed the module on a 2.0 test server and will report issues in the tracker.

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Link to download the latest version (HEAD) of certificate for Moodle 2.0

από Gordon Bateson -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Peer reviewers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

The page in the Moodle downloads database for the certificate module has not been accessible for a while now σκεπτικός

I know there is sometimes a temporary absence while new links get approved, but it seems to me that this time the wait is longer than it ought to be.

Does anyone know what the situation regarding the certificate downloads page is ?

regards
Gordon

Σε απάντηση σε Gordon Bateson

hello,

I am thinking that Chardelle has submitted a change (maybe a link to the latest version).

Unfortunately sometimes it takes a very long time for Modules and plugins entries to be re-approved. In my opinion this is something to correct in the upcoming successor of the modules and plugins database.

We must also take into account the fact that everyone is very busy with the release of Moodle 2.1

If Anthony read this message maybe he can help to to re-approve certificate entry.

από Joe Deegan -

I'm also looking to download a Moodle 2 version of the certificate plugin.  I thought I had seen it available before but can't find it now.  Please do post here if anybody finds info on the updated download package. Thanks.

Σε απάντηση σε Gordon Bateson

I am more and more worried of the long absence of the certificate module from the Modules and Plugins database. Does anybody has any infos ?

από Jeremy Schweitzer -
Φωτογραφία Plugin developers Φωτογραφία Testers

I'm also getting concerned - can anyone provide a fully functional version of Certificate for Moodle 2? It looked like good progress had been made, so we didn't devote resources to this much ourselves and instead forcused on Face-to-Face.

Any update on why the module has vanished from the plugins database?

από Vijay N -

HI Jean,

The moodle certificate link that you attached (certificate.zip) is not 1.9 but 2.0. I had to closely look at the version.php file to find this out. Please can you provide a direct link to version 1.9?

Vijay

Σε απάντηση σε Vijay N

από Vijay N -

Hi,

I am answering my own question.

To fix the issue simply change the version.php file number and match it with the error you get while installing. This should fix.

Thank you

Vijay

Σε απάντηση σε Vijay N

από Boaz Neeman_Golan -

I installed ver 4.3 FAT on my moodle 1.9.12+ it is working okay.

I did not succeed to print the grades on the certifiactes

the link is http://www.sendspace.com/file/chbea4

Σε απάντηση σε Boaz Neeman_Golan

Hello,

Please don't confuse certificate and certificate FAT. I may be wrong but I think certificate FAT is no more actively developped and has not been upgraded since nearly 4 years. If I can give an advice it's not very sure to rely on a product that is no more actively maintained.

Your problem with the grades is surely related with the fact the Moodle's gradebook has completely changed since 2007 !! I doubt it can work without a code upgrade.

IMHO it is best to stick with certificate (not FAT) and if it lack some features for your use to ask for in the tracker.

My original question was about certificate for Moodle 2.0 and here things are clear certificate FAT 4.3 will not work at all with Moodle 2.0/2.1

από Boaz Neeman_Golan -

Jean.

Thanks for the clarification. I appriciate your help.

but now it remains a mistery, what is the Certificate version for moodle 1.9.12+ and where can it be downloaded from???

από Vijay N -

Hi Jean,

I am coming back again with other issues on the link. Do you have a working copy of the certificate for Moodle version 1.9, I tried changing the version.php as posted earlier but although it successfully installed on Moodle 1.9 it came up witha blank screen when loading from "Add an activity" ?

Does any one have a copy of the certificate for Moodle 1.9??

Vijay

Σε απάντηση σε Vijay N

από Vijay N -

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the link to the Moodle 1.9 version of the certificate in the above post. Now I am coming back with another problem. 

1) The locking option does not work with Moodle 1.9. No matter what options you set in this section, we still go back to the default settings?

What is the normal procedure for controlling when a Student gets the certificate in Moodle 1.9?

Vijay

από lavanya mohan -

This link is not working for me. It displaying error.. Please tell me the certificate plugin for moodle 1.9