lesson won't link to quizport

lesson won't link to quizport

by Katie Fraser -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, I am using Moodle 1.911 and am unable to link my Lesson Activity to a Quizport. I appear to have the option to do this in my lesson settings (see screenshot), but when I complete the lesson, it merely takes me to the "end of lesson" page / back to the course outline with no link to take the Quizport.  I have tried making my lesson both a practice and a graded lesson, but neither is providing a link to the quizport activity.

Can someone tell me what  I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Katie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Katie Fraser

Re: lesson won't link to quizport

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Katie,

I've just checked your problem, using Moodle 1.9.12+ and Quizport, and the link at the end of the lesson works fine. See attached screenshots.

Are you able to link your lesson to an activity other than Quizport? Have you tried with a brand-new lesson, with just one or two MCQ questions in it?

Joseph

Attachment 17-06-2011 22-53-35.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Katie Fraser -

Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. It appears as though I'm unable to get a link to appear for any of the activities -- even though they all appear in the "link to an activity" list on my settings page.  I tried creating a new lesson with a few test questions, but still no luck. Perhaps I need to upgrade to 1.912+ ...

Katie

In reply to Katie Fraser

by Katie Fraser -

Joseph --FYI:  Turns out an upgrade isn't necessary. I came across some old moodle posts on the topic and discovered that course settings must allow students to view grades in order for these links to be visible... Thought I would post the solution incase it helps other ppl. Thanks smile

Katie

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Katie Fraser

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Katie,

1.- Thanks for your message. I couldn't have guessed that that was the problem.

2.- I wonder why a teacher would ever set "Show gradebook to students" to No inside a moodle course. And please note that this is not the Default setting.

3.- However, even if "Show gradebook to students" is set to No for a moodle course, there is no reason why this should prevent the Link to Activity from being displayed. I will look into the matter and post a bug report.

Joseph