Lesson --> Question

Lesson --> Question

โดย Sid g -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have added a multiple-choice question to my lesson. The lesson has multiple correct answers. I have assigned the correct answer a score of 1 and wrong answers a score of 0. However, this is irrelavant for me because I don't wish to grade the students for this question. I have also added a response for each option choise, which tells the user whether that answer option was correct or not.

Now, when I take the test as a student, I am presented with 4 answer options. When I select any number of answer choices, the response I get is random. For example, if option 1 is one of the correct answers, and I select only option 1, then I get a response for option 3!!

Is this a bug?

การประเมินโดยเฉลี่ย: -
In reply to Sid g

Re: Lesson --> Question

โดย Joseph Rézeau -
รูปภาพของCore developers รูปภาพของParticularly helpful Moodlers รูปภาพของPlugin developers รูปภาพของTesters รูปภาพของTranslators

Hi Sid,

The feedback ("Response") for a multiple-choice, multianswers question in Lesson is a bit tricky... which may explain why you have the impression of "randomness". Here is an example which works. I hope that will help...

Joseph

Which of the following are animals?
Multiple Choice - Multianswer
Answer 1:     the cat
Response 1:     yes, the cat and the dog are animals
Score 1:     1
Jump 1:     Next page
Answer 2:     the dog
Response 2:    
Score 2:     1
Jump 2:     Next page
Answer 3:     the tulip
Response 3:     Your answer is incomplete or contains wrong choices...
Score 3:     0
Jump 3:     This page
Answer 4:     the rose
Response 4:    
Score 4:     0
Jump 4:     This page

In reply to Sid g

โดย Carrie Meyer -

I am having this same problem (multi-choice, mulit-answer questions). I would like the feedback to be shown for each answer the student selects. Currently only feedback from one of the answers selected is shown.

I would also LOVE if the feedback would be shown right by the answer the student selected - maybe in a different font, so it is easy to see.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! smile

PS: we are running version 1.9.5

In reply to Carrie Meyer

โดย Joseph Rézeau -
รูปภาพของCore developers รูปภาพของParticularly helpful Moodlers รูปภาพของPlugin developers รูปภาพของTesters รูปภาพของTranslators

@Carrie,

Sorry, that is not the way the multi-choice, multianswer question works in the Lesson activity. If you absolutely need one feedback per answer, then you should consider using the Quiz activity instead.

Joseph

Attachment 08-07-2011 22-12-03.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

โดย Carrie Meyer -

Joseph -

Anyway this could be worked into another version - as an option. The quiz activity does not allow for the 'lesson' type teaching which I would like to have. It seems like a few people (from reading through forums) would like this as an option.

In reply to Carrie Meyer

โดย Joseph Rézeau -

Carrie,

I'm afraid what you want would mean not a "simple option" but a huge change in the way the Lesson activity works. It is very unlikely that it will be implemented.

Sorry,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

โดย Anna Krassa -

Hi all,

Thank you Joseph for your explanations, you really clarified things. smile

I agree with Carrie, that seeing individual responces for each answer is what anyone would expect (since activity provides the ability for individual responces). Otherwise, it would be better to have a 3 options for generic responces:

• responce for correct answer
  • responce for partially correct answer
  • responce for wrong answer.

Also, since it's not possible to modify activity that much, would it be possible to make a note in the online help text, next to the multi-answer tick box?

Saying for example something like "in mutliple-aswer questions you should provide only one responce for correct answers and one responce for wrong or partially correct answers."

I think this would save us from a lot of trouble... thoughtful