Lesson --> Question

Lesson --> Question

by Sid g -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have added a multiple-choice question to my lesson. The lesson has multiple correct answers. I have assigned the correct answer a score of 1 and wrong answers a score of 0. However, this is irrelavant for me because I don't wish to grade the students for this question. I have also added a response for each option choise, which tells the user whether that answer option was correct or not.

Now, when I take the test as a student, I am presented with 4 answer options. When I select any number of answer choices, the response I get is random. For example, if option 1 is one of the correct answers, and I select only option 1, then I get a response for option 3!!

Is this a bug?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sid g

Re: Lesson --> Question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sid,

The feedback ("Response") for a multiple-choice, multianswers question in Lesson is a bit tricky... which may explain why you have the impression of "randomness". Here is an example which works. I hope that will help...

Joseph

Which of the following are animals?
Multiple Choice - Multianswer
Answer 1:     the cat
Response 1:     yes, the cat and the dog are animals
Score 1:     1
Jump 1:     Next page
Answer 2:     the dog
Response 2:    
Score 2:     1
Jump 2:     Next page
Answer 3:     the tulip
Response 3:     Your answer is incomplete or contains wrong choices...
Score 3:     0
Jump 3:     This page
Answer 4:     the rose
Response 4:    
Score 4:     0
Jump 4:     This page

In reply to Sid g

by Carrie Meyer -

I am having this same problem (multi-choice, mulit-answer questions). I would like the feedback to be shown for each answer the student selects. Currently only feedback from one of the answers selected is shown.

I would also LOVE if the feedback would be shown right by the answer the student selected - maybe in a different font, so it is easy to see.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! smile

PS: we are running version 1.9.5

In reply to Carrie Meyer

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Carrie,

Sorry, that is not the way the multi-choice, multianswer question works in the Lesson activity. If you absolutely need one feedback per answer, then you should consider using the Quiz activity instead.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Carrie Meyer -

Joseph -

Anyway this could be worked into another version - as an option. The quiz activity does not allow for the 'lesson' type teaching which I would like to have. It seems like a few people (from reading through forums) would like this as an option.

In reply to Carrie Meyer

by Joseph Rézeau -

Carrie,

I'm afraid what you want would mean not a "simple option" but a huge change in the way the Lesson activity works. It is very unlikely that it will be implemented.

Sorry,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Anna Krassa -

Hi all,

Thank you Joseph for your explanations, you really clarified things. smile

I agree with Carrie, that seeing individual responces for each answer is what anyone would expect (since activity provides the ability for individual responces). Otherwise, it would be better to have a 3 options for generic responces:

• responce for correct answer
  • responce for partially correct answer
  • responce for wrong answer.

Also, since it's not possible to modify activity that much, would it be possible to make a note in the online help text, next to the multi-answer tick box?

Saying for example something like "in mutliple-aswer questions you should provide only one responce for correct answers and one responce for wrong or partially correct answers."

I think this would save us from a lot of trouble... thoughtful