Help needed with Moodle 2.1 QA testing

Help needed with Moodle 2.1 QA testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 15
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi everyone!

As Martin posted in the general developer forum, Moodle 2.1 is due for release on 1st July 2011. To ensure a top quality release, we're running another QA testing cycle, starting today: Moodle 2.1 QA Cycle 1. The list of over 200 QA tests has been expanded to include tests covering new features and improvements in Moodle 2.1.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 2.1 on our Moodle QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the documentation QA testing and contact me if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

The QA testing site will be updated daily at 11:00 UTC with the latest bug fixes and Moodle HQ developers are on standby to fix any bugs causing QA tests to fail as quickly as possible, so QA testers can re-run any previously failed tests within a day or two.

We're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests within the next two weeks so all testing help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 2.1 QA testing

by moronke fajobi -

Hi Helen,

I am interested in testing the moodle 2.1 versiob

regards

Moronke (Enovation Solutions)

In reply to Helen Foster

by Javier Sola -

I'd like to collaborate in the testing phase of Moodle 2.1 .

I hope instructions on when i can begin.

Thank You

In reply to Javier Sola

Re: Moodle 2.1 QA testing - 44% passed to-date!

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A big thank you to everyone helping with Moodle 2.1 QA testing. We have 92 tests (44%) marked as passed in just 4 days! approve

There are still plenty more tests in Moodle 2.1 QA Cycle 1 left to run though and new testers are always welcome, so please contact me if you'd like to be involved.

In reply to Helen Foster

by JM Ferring -

Hi Helen, I still have problems to use the filepicker of moodle 2.1 in IE9.

Is this a known bug or should I create an tracker, as I didn't find anything in the tracker?

In reply to JM Ferring

by Helen Foster -

Hi Jean-Marc,

Is it MDL-27169? It's marked as priority blocker so will hopefully be fixed soon.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: File picker and IE9 problem

by Helen Foster -

Update: Eloy is currently working on MDL-27169. smile

Please could any IE8 or IE9 users help by giving feedback on Eloy's latest comment on MDL-27169.

In reply to Helen Foster

by JM Ferring -

Ho Ho, the problem is solved and sent for integration in moodle 2.0.x and 2.1.

moodle community = the best smile

Thanks to everybody.

In reply to JM Ferring

by Gordon McLeod -

Hi,

Just to say we are seeing the same thing on version 2.3 (updated yesterday) - but it's not consistent as sometimes the file picker loads. Upgrading users from IE8 to IE9 seemed to work initially but now users report the filepicker just has a spinning wheel and never loads the content box to browse for a file (rest of the page displays). I've tried switching themes including standard and formal white so don't think it's theme related. While switching themes within my profile I also noticed the upload profile picture had the same issue so it's not just course page file picker specific.

Regards, Gordon.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Tonia Malone -

Helen:

I am pretty new to Moodle. I stared testing and piloting 1.9 in Sept and since March (4 months) have been working in 2.0. I am the GUI Admin for Blackboard since 1999 and will be the GUI Moodle Admin for Moodle starting Fall 2011. We are seriously looking at 2.1 for Fall roll out and need to decide this week. Can I have access to a course shell as editing teacher to test 2.1 and I will do my best to provide you feedback to help with your testing.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Tonia Malone
Cal Poly State University, SLO
tmalone@calpoly.edu

In reply to Tonia Malone

by Helen Foster -

Hi Tonia,

You're welcome to make use of our Moodle QA Testing Site where you can login as a teacher, manager or student. Please note though that every hour (on the hour) the database and files are reset. Thus, if you wish to test something that takes a bit of time to set up, it's best to start just after the hour when the site has been reset.