So Confused! File picker...

So Confused! File picker...

by Moodle Officer -
Number of replies: 2

Hey all,

I'm having serious issues getting my head around the new repository system in 2.0. Basically, as a starting point, in the file picker I only want my students to see the "upload a file" option. I don't want them to see the server files.

When I go to repository settings and change the server files to enable but hidden, the students can't see it but neither can admin???

What I want is for Admin staff to have access to server files in the file picker but not for students. What am I missing???? Is this even possible???

I am assuming that if students can access server files that means they can access any document from any course right???

Really not liking this new system at the moment... I haven't gotten my head around it. Please help!!!

Thanks

Kat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moodle Officer

Re: So Confused! File picker...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi -don't worry about server files and students - they can only see files they have uploaded if they go to server files and they certainly can't see the teacher's files. (it's actually the same for teachers-they can only access the files in courses where they are teachers; not everywhere) Try it by uploading something on this Moodle - you can't access files in courses even though you can see their names.

In reply to Moodle Officer

Re: So Confused! File picker...

by Monica Bokos -
Hi, You can change the student role and set 'View server repository' to prohibit. Bye, Monica
Average of ratings: Useful (1)