1. Let's get a stop watch (at 21:11, prime busy hours in H.K.) at UTC+8
A. Under a Wifi connection (on a D-Link618 model), let's compare the login time at http://moodle.hk from
- Macbook Safari : 6.5s
- mPage: 4.3s (my version 1.3.2 may work a bit longer)
- a parsing browser: 9.8s
- iPhone Safari: 6.1s
B. Continue to enter the same course, course id=74
- Macbook Safari: 4.3s
- mPage: 2.1s
- a parsing browser: 8.6s
- iPhone Safari: 5.3s
C. Under 3G connection in the heart of our city and login again:
- mPage: 6.4s
- a parsing browser: 10.5s
- iPhone Safari: 9s
D. Under 3G connection and enter the same course:
- mPage: 3.2s
- a parsing browser: 11.2 s
- iPhone Safari: 7.7s
Remark: please note that for whatever resource you access, the time to wait is similar. So beware that you always leave your course in the above parsing browser and you have to count the extra time to get back. Prepare for much much more time when using that "browser"!
2. Our coming version 1.3.2 supports all these functions: (NOT found in any so called competitors):
- teacher editing mode;
- voice recording and video recording, all in-app features;
- quiz centre including the newly added "Ordering" question type;
- calendar events: editing and adding for teachers and students;
- full forums posting and reply features for all roles;
- assignment and forum uploading, inlcluding voice files;
- front page admin editing mode;
- course enrollment keys;
- LDAP, and most authentication;
- our own Map and Contacts blocks making use of the database module.
3. Our roadmap includes the coming supports of Choice, Chats, Message, Activity Locking, Book, Certificate, Blogs and Safe exam browsing at Quiz. Our naviagtion is reasonable and easy to follow.
4. To all educational institutions: please consider our promise in development and join us! Register before 1st Nov 2011 and get a 2-year FREE of a 3-year custom branding package. Contact email@example.com for more details.
P.S. We have not blamed anyone.
To all Moodlers, our advice means think twice and pick wise.
There's no monopoly. We actually welcome competitions.
BTW, please come to http://moodle.hk/download and check out our plugins for the community, other than our iOS apps.