inwicast - moodle 2.0.2

inwicast - moodle 2.0.2

by Florent Merlet -
Number of replies: 9

Hi everybody!

I'm working on upgarding moodle from 1.9 to 2.0 on opensuse 11.4. I use the inwicast plugin and I didn't find any solution to upgrade this module.

Is someone had success for that?

Florent Merlet

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Florent Merlet

Re: inwicast - moodle 2.0.2

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

Both Inwicast mediacenter block and module need a nearly complete rewrite to work with Moodle 2.0.

I have already made part of the work, and the plugin now successfully install and works.

You can test it if you want going to http://www.vedrine.org/moodle2/ account student password test1

Unfortunately some features are not finished :

A)

The backup/restore code is not finished (there was no backup/restore in the previous version for Moodle 1.9), I know some french universities are also working on it (and I hope we can join our efforts) so this part should be finished during summer 2011.

B)

Also I have not done the new code to upload medias and use them.

But as I am only using this plugin with external medias (my University has an Inwicast mediacenter and a streaming server running so I don't upload any media on my Moodle server), I don't use the upload feature in the mediacenter.

If you are only using Inwicast mediacenter block and module with external medias (for instance YouTube or Inwicast mediaserver I can already share my code with you.

But if you need to upload medias to your Moodle server, you will have to wait that I finish to rewrite this part. I plan to do this during Summer.

I want to do it in a really "Moodle way" and use features of the Moodle 2.0 file API !

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Florent Merlet -

Hi Jean-Michel and thank you for you answer !

Actually, I just want to install this module in the 2.0 version to give an access to the uploaded medias with the 1.9 version. From the 2.0 version we don't want to use anymore the inwicast upload module.

So, it will be a pleasure to test your inwicast version et give you a feedback smile

Florent

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

If you have a test site upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0 with inwicast uploaded medias I would be very interested to test if the medias still works and are viewables after the upgrade because in Inwicast 1.08 medias were uploaded in a very "particular" way (and non "Moodleish" at all, and also not very secure !!). Unfortunately I only have Moodle 1.9 test sites without any uploaded medias.

You can send me a mail to vedrine _AT_ univ-st-etienne _DOT_ fr and I will send you the block and module files with short instructions.

But please only use it on a test site with no valuable data and be sure you have a backup of everything !!

Please note also that for the moment I only have installed it on fresh Moodle 2.0x installs. Upgrade is largely untested !! Fortunately there are no significant changes in the tables.

by Florent Merlet -

My moodle-test upgarded contain a lot of uploded medias from the 1.9

I'll glad to test your module, I send you my adress mail...

by mo ollek -

I would love to test it on my moodle2.2 installation.

by brice courtin -

hi,

I work on the migration of this module.

My trainee send a mail to Jean Michel last week to have some informations about his work.

We choose to not migrate file because we use ftp to upload file on moodle and on a sreaming server (No media center for me). We have a beta version that work in moodle. We have change only the stricly necessary for working in moodle 2.0. (due to time cost). We will work on backup-restore in july.

We have migrate lightboxgallery module(file and backup-resore)

We can share our work if you want.

Brice Courtin

In reply to brice courtin

by Florent Merlet -

Hi,

And thanks for your ansewer.

I will test with pleasure your version on my moodle test server.

Florent

In reply to brice courtin

by Dan Wheaton -

Hello. Any update here ? This the last thing I need to get working before performing a migration on our 1.9 site. As long as I can bring existing videos over, and can put the block.

In reply to Dan Wheaton

inwicast - moodle 2.0.2 or above

by rodrigo salcedo -

Hi, i'm trying integration of inwicast for moodle 2.5 or above. Is it posible?

Only i can make the integration for moodle 1.9 and inwicast 1.0
When i up the zip file in moodle 2.6 show a message about version problem