Moodle documentation: Can You Recommend Any Online Moodle Training for Teachers?

Moodle documentation: Can You Recommend Any Online Moodle Training for Teachers?

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 13

Greetings From Alaska-

We are just getting started with Moodle and plan to NOT renew our WebCT license that expires at the end of June.  I realize there are wonderful free resources which work great for me but maybe not for all of our faculty.  Since I also teach full-time it will be a while before I can design and deliver training for our staff.  Does anyone know of a quality online course that teachers instructors how to design courses with Moodle? We have some professional development funds to support their training.

Thanks for a quick reply!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: Moodle documentation: Can You Recommend Any Online Moodle Training for Teachers?

by Bryan Williams -

Hi Debra

There are professional Moodle services available for folks that need support in areas like onsite training. The Moodle Partners program can help you out. Contact me via e-mail and I would be happy to see how we might be able to assist.  

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: Moodle documentation: Can You Recommend Any Online Moodle Training for Teachers?

by Ross Johnstone -

Hi there,

we have just upgraded our system at  . Can you help me as a teacher trying to manage courses on Moodle.

Regards

Ross

by Gina Russell Stevens -

Hi Debra,

I think we can assist you.  

Members of our community at www.facultyroom.org provide ongoing faculty support for moodling instructors.  Additionally, we can also custom design, provide and deliver self-paced interactive professional development and training solutions. 

You can also feel free to e-mail me about your specific needs.

All the best,
~Gina Stevens
gstevens@executiveperformance.com

by Jeffery Watkins -
I have some online video tutorials at www.nyscss.org/netspace.  You can view them by logging in as a guest and clicking on Netspace Tutorials.

Jeff Wat

by Tony Hursh -
Hi, Debra. Nice to see another Alaskan here. I have some friends who took classes at AVTEC, back in the day. smile

I've been putting together some training materials for our instructors. They're not complete (and not thoroughly polished) but you're welcome to have a look.

http://moodle.ed.uiuc.edu:8200/technologies_folder/
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -

Thanks for the great resources everyone!

Tony- I also graduated from Urbana as well! Small world.

by Chick Beckley -
Hi Deb! I know of this GREAT Alaska-based company that is offering Moodle Training, short courses, semester long course, or custom courses, both online or in person. I think they are called Teachers4Schools. Are you familiar with those guys?

They seem to be doing a lot with Moodle in Alaska and they give a lot of free advice too!

They're not only good, but good looking!

Chick
In reply to Chick Beckley

by Neal Walters -

New Moodle Training Videos are now available at http://CMSTrainingVideos.com.  They contain over 7 hours of play time.  About one hour for administrators, the rest is for teachers and course developers.

Neal Walters

In reply to Neal Walters

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
New Moodle Training Videos.- Cost: $59.00

by andy choo -
Hi Debra,

We have some online Moodle Training Resources which we used to train our educational clients in using Moodle. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at my email so that I can create the accouts for you.

Andy
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to andy choo

by C R -
Hello Andy, I too have just started with Moodle. And would like to have some training. I have started donating my skills to kids who are academically challenged - in the church and in the inner city schools.

I have made some progress in producing quizzes in Moodle, but I need to progress faster. I and my kids would certainly appreciate any help or advice you can give. Thank you kindly.

C. R.

by Art Lader -
I am happy to see this thread and the responses. I never know if I should respond to these with information about the partner I work for. Since there have been no flames or complaints here, I guess it would be okay.

-- Art

by Jerry Kiger -

Yes I can.  If you are looking for pre made courses that can run in moodle I would visit this site.  http://www.simplemoodle.com

The courses are free and done up pretty well.  They have stuff on Office, White Boards, Pod Casts etc etc.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)