Using English - United States (en_us) in Moodle 2.0.2

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 10
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Using English - United States (en_us) in Moodle 2.0.2

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jason, please refer to the AMOS docs page for the information on how to contribute to the lang pack.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jason,

You'll be pleased to hear that Mark McCall has recently taken on the job of en_us language pack maintainer and has been busy changing all the instances of enrol and enrolment in it. Thus, if you'd like to try updating your language pack (via Settings > Site administration > Language > Language packs) you should find everything fixed.

As David mentions, you are welcome to suggest further improvements to the en_us language pack via the Moodle languages portal http://lang.moodle.org/. You can also contact Mark directly - see Translation credits for his contact details.

In reply to Helen Foster

In reply to Helen Foster

In reply to Deleted user

by Mark McCall -

Hi Jason,

I have completed a couple of fairly exhaustive updates for enrollment and synchronization for 2.0+ and 2.1 should be clean.  However, I am still find some stragglers in some weird places so please let me know if you find any and we will get them updated.

Thanks,

Mark

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark McCall

by David Conrad -

Hi Mark, 

The extra l in enrollment is missing on the Enroll users page within a course's participant list. See attached image. This is on Moodle 2.8.4,

/enrol/users.php

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 2.31.38 PM.png
In reply to David Conrad

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello David. Are you sure you are using the en_us language pack and not the default en pack ? The en_us pack has Enroll users and Enrollments whereas the en pack (GB/Australian English) have Enrol users and Enrolments.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Conrad -

Yes we are using en_us

In reply to David Conrad

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I would suggest you go toSite administration>Language> Language packs and update the en_us language pack. I have tried it on our sandbox site - demo.moodle.net (please try it yourself) and it does definitely show the double ll for US users (United States (en_us)) and the single l for British users (English (en))

In reply to David Conrad

by David Conrad -

I apologize - I've just realized that profiles are set to preferences > en instead of en_us. I will take it from here. Thank you!