Moodle documentation: Most Wanted Pages - Docs 2, June 2011

Re: Moodle documentation: Most Wanted Pages - Docs 2, June 2011

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers

Tomaz and others, Thanks for the List, Notes and TOC !!!,

I did not see this post earlier.  In the last week or so, I have tried to spirial out from the Main page to put at least an introduction on pages with just the yellow banner and in subjects in their related template.  I did not try to focus a great deal on the "settings" or "how to".  I did not worry about 1.9 blank pages.  

My process was to write what I thought was needed, check it against demo.moodle,  then to click on the notes to see if I missed anything.  I left the banner in most cases (perhaps an error?).   And I tried to link to other pages in the text.   

I have gone into the simple "how to" with pages when  I have recently used the feature on our 2.1 Moodle sites.   I took some interesting side trips trying to find things in the Settings menu or why they did not show up in demo.moodle (or my site). 

In retrospect it might have been easier to use a category tag but I recognize how much work when into both the ioverall TOC and the notes.  I am thinking that I should have changed the banner, and perhaps put the link to the Notes in the "See also".  

I did try to teach my spell checker on my new computer some of the more quaint English spellings but someetimes my fingers have a mind of their own.

Best wishes to all, Chris