Cannot get rid of "Is this your first time here?" section to the right of login page

Cannot get rid of "Is this your first time here?" section to the right of login page

by Karl Cunanan -
Number of replies: 6

I was in the "Manage authentication" window, changing some of the system parameters and didnt know that I had something in the "Instructions" section until after I had logged off and the message "Is this your first time here?" is present.  After going back into the "Manage authentication" window to delete the information, the message "Is this your first time here?" is still present even without any information.  I've gone back and forth with adding and deleting information in that section so that I can get rid of the message on the login screen, but to no avail.  How can I get rid of this section so that on the login screen i only have the "Returning to this web site?" section and not the "Is this your first time here?" section.  I have version 1.9.11.  Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Cunanan

Ang: Cannot get rid of "Is this your first time here?" section to the right of login page

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I can not say why you have the header "Is this your first time here?" without any further content, but if you disable self registration you should only get the "Returning to this web site?" section.

Administration > Users > Authentication > Manage authentication

In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Cannot get rid of "Is this your first time here?" section to the right of login page

by Karl Cunanan -

Hello Bente,

Thank you for your response.  I've tried enabling all features within the "Manage authentication" window, save, and then log out.  Then when I log back in I would then disable the options one by one, save, and then log out, yet the message "Is this your first time here?" remains.  I've changed most of the system options back into their defaults, and then change them back to how I wanted them, and the message still remains.  Any other idea?

In reply to Karl Cunanan

Re: Ang: Cannot get rid of "Is this your first time here?" section to the right of login page

by i b -

I too would like to remove this entire segment from the page, including the title but can't seem to identify set of parameters that accomplishes this.  Were you able to resolve this issue, if so, how?

In reply to i b

by i b -

Removing the first time here instruction text disabled showing the first time here message and title.  So looks like its OK.

In reply to i b

by David Mark Weiss -

What really worked for me was to edit the core.css file and add

.signuppanel h2:first-child { display: none; }

In reply to David Mark Weiss

by Ken St. John -

Crazy hacks and theories all treating a symptom instead of the issue. If you ever type anything into the authentication block dedicated to enabling a custom login message with the text editor and then remove it, it actually leaves a break code behind <br>. This remnant is ONLY VISIBLE by switching to HTML mode (<> symbol). Deleting it restores the login panel to its pristine condition - i.e. no "Is this the first time ..." message.