Auto Enrollment Using CSV/Flat File

Auto Enrollment Using CSV/Flat File

by Karim Waljee -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to Moodle. So far Moodle 2.0 is successfully installed on a Windows 2008 Server with all the trimmings needed to run. I am not a programmer and need a little bit of guidance.

I am currently testing Auto Enrollment features. As of right now the best solution would be to use an external database using CSV or a Flat File option. As the access to data (courses/usernames) is on a different server and LDAP is not an option.

1) Can anybody tell me where on the server do I place the CSV or Flat File?

2) How do I get Moodle to talk to the CSV file so that users are automatically enrolled in their courses?

An example would be: User1 is registered in 5 courses, and I would like to know where I actually need to place the file in the server so that when they login all they see all the courses they are enrolled in.

I've been searching the forums but to no avail have I found any information that breaks down step by step where files need to go for "external database" and what php files (if any) have to be configured...any help would be great!

I do apologize for the basic questions, but any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Karim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karim Waljee

Re: Auto Enrollment Using CSV/Flat File

by David Lo -

The enrollment folder is something you specify in the setup page, e.g.

/var/moodledata/

However, I wonder if this process can be extended to add users (student, teachers, etc).

In reply to David Lo

by Paul Fynn -

Hi David,

I think one of the problems is that (as far as I can see) .csv upload and the manual 'upload users' are using different fields and formats (a bit odd, since 'upload users' works from .csv anyway.

best

Paul

In reply to Karim Waljee

by And Ta -

Kevin,

I am trying also trying to link to flat file for enrollment. Were you able to link to your student flat file?

Thanks,