Rotation of sideblocks

Rotation of sideblocks

by Wesley Wakeman -
Number of replies: 5

I've been working on a postit note/pin board theme to make our moodle installation a little more fun however although I have sorted out real time rotation of the profile image I cannot do the same for the blocks I'd like to rotate them through negative or positive 30 degrees (I have CSS for both IE and Moz/Chrome/Opera) I cannot rotate anything but the header of the block in IE whereas Moz works fine, any ideas how I could accomplish this?

Thanks

Wes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wesley Wakeman

Re: Rotation of sideblocks

by Wesley Wakeman -

Well I have sorted out the rotation I was using relative positional values and these were overiding the IE transform css code.

I now have another issue (surprise surprise) I'd like the left block and the right block to be completely seperate as I want the right to rotate 10 degrees but the left -10 is this possible?

Wes

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you are talking about Moodle 2.0  then you need to use an element specific CSS selector id and class like so...

#page-content #region-pre .block { ... } this is for Left side

#page-content #region-post .block { ... } this is for right side

Firefox addon Firebug will help you find more id & class selectors for the various elements.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Wesley Wakeman -

Currently the theme is for 1.9 but once finished I'll look at adapting the idea to a Moodle 2 theme so thanks for the heads up!

Wes

by Wesley Wakeman -

Right I think I have this sorted now as I've changed .sideblock to #left .sideblock and #right .sideblock this has got around 10 and -10 rotation problems now all I have to work on is how to get them to match up if lots of blocks are added ;)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try...

#layout-table #left-column .sideblock { ... }

#layout-table #right-column .sideblock { ... }