associating a grouping with a global feedback

associating a grouping with a global feedback

by Stefan Nychka -
Number of replies: 0

Hello.

I'm using Moodle 1.9.9.  Can I restrict potential respondents of a global feedback to members of a grouping?  i.e., Can I, in a global feedback (one on the front page), add a grouping?

More details below, if needed.  Also, please ask if I'm omitting some crucial details.

• I'd like to have only a subset of our authenticated users fill out a global feedback, and would like to restrict this feedback from others.
    • Whenever I say global feedback, I mean a feedback at the front page.
  • I have done this successfully with feedbacks local to a course, via groupings.
  • I cannot figure out how to do this with a global feedback.
    Is it possible?
  • I've tried mapping the feedback to a course, hoping at least the groupings for a course would show, but the Grouping field when updating the global feedback still displays only None (i.e., the only item in the drop-down menu is None, whether or not a course is mapped)

• I've never created a global feedback before, so I could be missing something basic.
  • I haven't yet added any questions, so this may be causing some weird issues.
  • My workaround for now is just to hide it (so Guests, which by default can't fill out it, also can't see it), and to appropriately override the Authenticated User role on that feedback.  At least only authenticated users will be able to see it and allowed to fill it out.
    • And, if this doesn't work out, I can make a course especially for this survey and then take advantage of groups and groupings ... I want to experiment a bit with a global survey, though, for other reasons.
  • I have skimmed, hopefully well enough, the Feedback documentation and the FAQ and other documentation it links to, have read and followed Andreas' instructions on global feedbacks (and his other post with similar instructions), and am aware that groups in 1.9 cannot be associated with the front page ... I'm hoping I'm missing something, though (e.g., maybe groupings can be associated with the front page, or maybe a global feedback can draw from a course's groupings/groups).

Thanks

Average of ratings: -