Quiz bug

Quiz bug

by john mark almarez -
Number of replies: 7

I have a big problem regarding moodle quiz wherein students were able to know the answer by clicking the F12(Developer Tools) during the quiz.

The students were able to know the answer the by checking the ID of each choices, the least number is the correct answer.

*quiz is already set in "secure window"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john mark almarez

Re: Quiz bug

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What version of moodle, what type of question.

In reply to Marcus Green

by john mark almarez -

Version : Moodle 1.9.3

Type of Question : Multiple Choice

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is a known weakness if you created your questions in such a way that they only work if 'shuffle answers' is on. That is, if, when shuffle answers is off, option A is always correct, then it is possible to get the correct answer from the HTML.

This weakness has been addressed for Moodle 2.1, due out at the end of this month.

In the mean time, don't set up your quizzes that way.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by john mark almarez -

@Tim Hunt

We have thousand multiple choice questions already, that type of quiz is already set.

Is there a way or template where we can set the answer in random?i mean A is not always the correct?

thanks guys!

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, it is difficult to change existing quizzes, where students have already attempted them.

If you want to change questions for the future, then the easiest way to change a lot at once is to export the questions as GIFT or Moodle XML, edit the exported file, and then re-import.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by john mark almarez -
Hi Sir Tim, I would like to ask if this issue that was already addressed was fixed for Moodle 2.1? thanks