File Reposities

File Reposities

by Jamie Homewood -
Number of replies: 1

I have a few questions regarding file repositories, but I'll set the scene beforehand.

We use windows, IIS, mySQL and look to move to 2.# in the summer.  We have the whole set up ready to go but file repositories concern us.

We have set up file system repositories which exist on the same server in the repositories folder.  We did expect this to be mapped over to our Moodle install, which they are until you make a change to the existing file in the repo.  We assume that there is a cache that is within Moodle that takes the file and stores it, but when a change on the file system occurs it doesn't update the cached copy.

If a change is required with a file in the file system, we are having to re-link with that file and change the name, effectively recreating the link to another resources.  As this is cached we end up with I guess two cached copies of effectively the same file.  Essentially this must eat away at disk space very quickly?

Is it possible to turn file system caching off so we always look at the original copy? so we can update in the repo without re-linking etc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Homewood

Re: File Reposities

by Jamie Homewood -

Just answered my own question big grin

Upgraded to 2.0.3 and all is well.  Hopefully the file storage will now not expand at an alarming rate thoughtful