General help

Picture of Victor van R
Creating an eLibrary - newbie

Hi,

We are just starting to use Moodle (1.9) in our project in Uganda (very exciting) and we want to add an eLibrary to our Moodle site. The library is a long list open learning and literature resources represented with a short description and an outgoing URL. The eLibrary needs to be displayed on the front page and needs to be accessible to all students.

Can someone give us a hint how to realise this?

All help appreciated.

Victor

Average of ratings: -
Picture of behzad rad
Re: Creating an eLibrary - newbie

hi victor i have same issue in my virtual university in iran and i search about that.

bud i can't find any block or plugin for moodle that create an e-library so i think there is an idea.

i have 3 moodle that one of them is the main moodle.so i create a course in main moodle named e-library in topic format and categorised my course in some sections and put the e-books descriptions as labels in each section separatly.

my e-library course is open to authorized people but  you can open your course to all(that's a clever solution for advertise your e-library) and users search what they want and link to any location of your e-books.

in addition with this way,you can design many activities of forum for saving and catorising articles and papers from staffs,students or reseachers.

good luck

Picture of Joachim Vogelgesang

What about Bibliography?

Picture of behzad rad

i'll work on it.

it seems to be good for searching a book.

Picture of Joachim Vogelgesang

not only books - see Entry Type ...

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of behzad rad

hi

thanks to joachim for bibliography suugestion in moodle 19.

do you have any solution for moodle 2.x elibrary plugin?

regards.