My Moodle Page enquiry for Moodle 2.0

My Moodle Page enquiry for Moodle 2.0

by Vijay N -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

Here is the scenario I am looking to achieve.

When a user logs in after self register, they should be taken automatically to my courses page where they will see the list of courses automatically assigned to them.

How do I achieve this in Moodle version 2.0?

Vijay

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay N

Re: My Moodle Page enquiry for Moodle 2.0

by Vijay N -

Ok I am replying my post by adding this link which addresses part of the problem:-

http://docs.moodle.org/en/My_Moodle_2.0

The My Moodle can be set as default page for every learner who logs in.

I still need to find the method for making self registered user automatically have access to the course (without manually assigning the course to the student).

In reply to Vijay N

Re: My Moodle Page enquiry for Moodle 2.0

by Lev Abramov -

This is a Catch-22 situation. MyMoodle is a way of NOT letting student-level users access (or even see) courses they are not enrolled in (pardon my dangling prepositions). So if you enable MyMoodle you effectively disable self-enrolment into courses, as they are invisible to non-enrolled students.

You can probably play with the Front Page settings to make ALL courses visible to ALL visitors (including non-logged in) - but this defeats the whole idea of MyMoodle as a way of hiding and showing courses on the "need-to-know" basis, so to speak.

If you figure it out please post your findings here - it's an interesting riddle.