CVS incomplete install problem...stops at f2.jpg file!?

CVS incomplete install problem...stops at f2.jpg file!?

by Michael Moulton -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm upgrading to the newest version (1.1 I think) using the anonymous CVS process described on the download page.  We're excited to check out the new features!  Seeing them in the moodle.org demo, they really address a number of teacher desires...what great work!

In a fresh dierctory, when I go to do the checkout, it goes fine but keeps getting stuck pretty far along at this file.

U moodle/user/default/f2.jpg 

I tried three times with the same results each time.  The site actually came up seemingly working marked version 1.1 even with what looks like an incomplete set of files.  I let the CVS proces sit for a long time and it never continued past the file.  I CTL-C'd and got the message

cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal

I'm running Moodle on a Sun Colbalt Linux server.  Any idea what could be going on...I see know similar reference in the mesasges here sad.gif

A smaller question...my main moodle set of files is in a folder called "web".  The CVS command on the download page puts the files in a subfolder called "moodle" do I just change the last parameter to say "web" to change the resulting folder name?

Thanks for any help!

Sinc,

Michael Moulton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Moulton

Re: CVS incomplete install problem...stops at f2.jpg file!?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sourceforge has been having CVS troubles ... it's been a bit up and down for a week or more. Keep trying. Otherwise, grab a nightlies.

Once you've downloaded it the first time, you can rename the "moodle" folder to anything you like. After that you can update by going into the folder and just running "cvs update -dP".
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: CVS incomplete install problem...stops at f2.jpg file!?

by Michael Moulton -

Great!  Thanks.  Nightly worked (I should have thought of that).  Still having SourceForge trouble but don't need it now.  I'll look to get the hang of CVS later on. 

I'm preping our installation for next year...I'll be very interested in how teachers take to the real-time chat.

Best,

Michael