Backup location - Can't find on server

Backup location - Can't find on server

by brian avery -
Number of replies: 5

This is probably a silly question to some people but...

Where are backup files stored? I need to be able to access them via cpanel without being able to access my moodle site. I just can't find them. I was using the 2.0 release that was new in january 2011 (can't recall but think it was 2.1?)

Here's why, if you need to know:

I haven't had a lot of time to play with moodle since setting up a 2.0 and 1.9 site some time ago (I decided I'd wait until 2.0 was sorted out a bit better before proceeding too far). When I stopped playing with the sites I made sure I'd set up a backup schedule.

I was obliged to change my main domain name today - long story - and forgot that I had a moodle site on the domain I moved from add-on to primary status. This caused all sorts of things to go crazy.  Now I can't access moodle, which isn't a problem as I'm quite happy to reinstall from scratch. However, I need to find the backup files so's I can restore the course I'd been working on.

Can anyone tell me where they would be stored? I have searched all over and can't see them. I looked in moodledata but can't see anything remotely looking like a backup zipfile of any type.

Thanks for any help. I need to find the files before they get deleted..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to brian avery

Re: Backup location - Can't find on server - Fixed

by brian avery -

I appear to have managed to burgle moodle again and so have probably resolved my own question. Thanks for reading anyway.

In reply to brian avery

by Steve Bluck -

Just in case you still have a need -speaking from 1.9.x viewpoint a manually created backup zip reside in:

/moodledata/coursenumber/backupdata/[filename].zip

E.g. /var/www/data/moodledata/1542/backupdata/backup-sbt-20110525-1022.zip

In reply to brian avery

by Jan Combrink -

I would love to know where they are in 2.x.  please let us know to.wide eyes

In reply to Jan Combrink

by Gunnar Johannesmeyer -

Yes, my course is >200mb and exceeds the limit. Where can I store my file per ftp to restore the course?

In reply to Gunnar Johannesmeyer

by Gunnar Johannesmeyer -

Solved!

Go to Plugin -> Repositories and add own Filessystem. You can upload your files to the displayed path on the server with ftp and pick that destination in yout filepicker to restore the course.